Houllier: Back him or sack him?

Stu_The_Villan

Houlier - back him or sack him?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

I would have liked him to have got Steve Clarke in. Shrewd move by Kenny Dalglish at Plop. I can't help thinking that GH's backroom staff is wrong and he could do with a much better number two.
What number is this on the list of excuses for why Houllier is crap?

We have had

Injuries

MONS fault

The players are just not performing

He is changing things and the players cannot cope with it

Unlucky

Wrong type of snow on the pitch

Players not following his instructions

He needs defensive coaches

Just the problem with our glorious attacking play

The league is too tight this year

Gone from expecting a win to saying well we couldn't really expect to beat them or anyone in this league (this can be used after playing any team it seems)

MONS fault (again)

Now his back room team are rubbish WHO APPOINTED THEM FFS

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My problem with McAllister is that he seems to have come here to learn the ropes. I don't want a #2 coming here to learn the ropes, I want him here to impart knowledge that he got elsewhere. Gary Mac doesn't have a long and successful CV as a #2. It's a very different job to being a manager. I've no issue with Sid because he effectively has 2 people above him. But, like others, I wish our assistant was more experienced in his role. I'd love if we went for Wilkins but something tells me Houllier is loyal and would not ditch Gary.

I would have liked him to have got Steve Clarke in. Shrewd move by Kenny Dalglish at Plop. I can't help thinking that GH's backroom staff is wrong and he could do with a much better number two.
What number is this on the list of excuses for why Houllier is crap?

We have had

Injuries

MONS fault

The players are just not performing

He is changing things and the players cannot cope with it

Unlucky

Wrong type of snow on the pitch

Players not following his instructions

He needs defensive coaches

Just the problem with our glorious attacking play

The league is too tight this year

Gone from expecting a win to saying well we couldn't really expect to beat them or anyone in this league (this can be used after playing any team it seems)

MONS fault (again)

Now his back room team are rubbish WHO APPOINTED THEM FFS

I don't think anybody was trying to make excuses for Houllier. He was just saying a better assistant would help.

My problem with McAllister is that he seems to have come here to learn the ropes. I don't want a #2 coming here to learn the ropes, I want him here to impart knowledge that he got elsewhere. Gary Mac doesn't have a long and successful CV as a #2. It's a very different job to being a manager. I've no issue with Sid because he effectively has 2 people above him. But, like others, I wish our assistant was more experienced in his role. I'd love if we went for Wilkins but something tells me Houllier is loyal and would not ditch Gary.

Feel the same. Would love to see Wilkins here.

Feel the same. Would love to see Wilkins here.

I was a bit disappointed we didn't try to snap up Steve Clarke before he went over to Liverpool!

So he'd be like you commentating on an Ireland vs England game then?

I assume you have never listened to Irish commentary. Their is never biased at all especially when Ireland is playing.

But its a bit of a stupid point you making as why would i be doing ciommentary on a game like that

Wanted him sacked for the past month, but the time to do so has passed.

It's time to back him.

You know strangely I did think earlier that I would be in this camp as I have said that it is difficult to sack a manager at this stage unless there is no alternative.

However I truly believe there is no alternative

Sackity sack sack and dont look back

Wanted him sacked for the past month, but the time to do so has passed.

It's time to back him.

You know strangely I did think earlier that I would be in this camp as I have said that it is difficult to sack a manager at this stage unless there is no alternative.

However I truly believe there is no alternative

Sackity sack sack and dont look back

Oh I still want him sacked in the back of my mind, but in the knowledge that he's not going to get sacked, its best to get behind him.

That doesnt mean I think people shouldnt be criticising him on here, but it does mean that the Houllier out chants need to stop. It isnt going to happen and its not going to help.

Did you think Collymore's reaction was a disgrace?

Collymores reaction was amazing. lol when I'm bored sometimes I listen to that and the guy from Fanzone calling Terry a mug and actually laugh out loud.

but in the knowledge that he's not going to get sacked

I still believe it is a big possibility should we not win in the next three games

Would like to share your optimism, I just get the impression that theyre not even entertaining the idea.

Â