415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, dear. Have a Happy New Year - please.

Thank you for the good wishes. Not sure what it has to do with the price of a cup of tea, though.

Your claim still appears to me to be absolute cobblers.

Again, wrong interpretations/mis-reading I'm afraid.

Would you care to try and explain why?

Probably not, I dare say. Too tough.

No, it's just that I see no point. If you don't like what I've written then I am sorry that I have upset you.

We need a proven manager, we don't need someone who 'could' be one. Whatever happens I just hope the club have thought long and hard about it and make sure that it will be the right decision because if we get rid of Houllier and get someone in who gives us even worse performances and results, imagine everyone's reaction then

I don't actually think it would be possible to give us worse performances and results at the moment.

All right, suppose they were no better ... what would therefore be the purpose of GH's (imagined) exit?

Er..We wouldn't have GH for a start (ok I admit that I have always detested the guy from his time at Liverpool)

But seriously at the moment we have a manager who has won just 3 games out of 16 and we are now hoping that he can win at least twice that amount in about the same number of games? Despite the fact that the performances are going down rather than up. And he has little support from the fans. And he has shown nothing to suggest that he knows how to get us out of the huuuuuge slump he has got us into.

Houllier should have been sacked after the Liverpool game when it became clear he did not really want to be at this club. We would have had time to get a manager in for the transfer period then. But now we are stuck with him and when he eventually gets the sack which he eventually will, it will be to late.

No, it's just that I see no point. If you don't like what I've written then I am sorry that I have upset you.

Ha ha ha. Sounds about right. ('See no point' or unwilling and unable? I know where my virtual money is)

I don't like what you have written but be most assured you haven't 'upset' me, Mr Lerwill.

Houllier is a proven manager according to Paul Faulkner. Nothing is proven these days, for me if we took on Sam or Paul Lambert it would be a risk.

Just goes to show how little Fuckner knows about football. Perhaps 10 years ago he was proven, no now though!

All he has proved is that you can take a top 6 team into the relegation zone in 15 easy matches.

The writing has been on the wall since the Liverpool abortion. He has to go, and now.

Ha ha ha. Sounds about right. ('See no point' or unwilling and unable? I know where my virtual money is)

I don't like what you have written but be most assured you haven't 'upset' me, Mr Lerwill.

Don't try to be clever ... just take what I've said at face value. Nothing else is to be taken from what I have said.

Finito.

The results speak for themselves. He has to go. What's even worse than the results for me, though, is the lack of passion. I just don't enjoy watching the Villa play anymore. Donning my shirt to go to the pub, let alone travel from Oslo to Birmingham for a game, feels like nothing more than a duty right now. There is no excitement or joy in it at all. If I can find a good excuse, like work or a visit to the in-laws, I won't watch our games. Houllier is ruining Aston Villa for me. Sack him before he can complete the job.

Don't try to be clever ... just take what I've said at face value. Nothing else is to be taken from what I have said.

Finito.

I think the problem is that most of us see no points under Ged. See what I did!! :winkold:

I thinks its time to really face facts, there is know way Randy is going to be man enough to sack GH is there.i know this Walker lad i on loan but if GH was heading for the exit he wouldn't let bring in anyone, for me i'm near at the stage of not given a crap if we go down, for over 20 years this club has been a worry for me,i'm sick of having a board that don't really give a crap as much as i do.

Fat Sam? No thanks.

You make it sound like we can be picky. Hardly a top prospect are we atm

I make it sound like that's my opinon of Allardyce.

Just because we find ourselves in a precarious (and possibly unattractive) position, we shouldn't just pick up the first available option, though.

Fat Sam? No thanks.

You make it sound like we can be picky. Hardly a top prospect are we atm

I make it sound like that's my opinon of Allardyce.

Just because of our precarious position, we shouldn't just pick up the first available option, though.

Whats the best option for the situation at hand though??.

Whats the best option for the situation at hand though??.

Do you mean what or who?

If the latter, I'm not sure I particularly have a preference (perhaps someone like Grayson?) but I do know who I don't really want.

Now that is a really clever statement!! ... :winkold:

So clever that he just wants GH out without any idea of what's or who's to come in his place!

I give up!

I'd take big Sam in a flash.

I wonder if there's a difference in opinion between ST holders and none ST holders on this issue?

As a ST holder, i'd take anything to keep us in the premiership, even if this meant signing Barton and employing Allardyce (whom i actually believe to be our best bet anyway).

But I wonder if those who dont attend so often are more interested in the long term goals of the club?

As a ST holder I would take someone like Holloway or Moyes managing us in the Championship over Big Sam, Houllier or O'Neill managing us in the Premiership.

I have been starved of decent passing football for far too long.

Â