415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine going out at Villa Park to a low attendance of 32,000, no atmosphere, it's a cold Wednesday night and the away team are up for it more. Heskey just gets sent off, the best player on the pitch at the time may I add, and they score to make it 0-1. All your fans start booing and singing derogatory chants to the manager. What would you do? I'd say right well fook off then am I putting in a performance, you don't want to support us then we won't try and get a result for you. I'd imagine it's not easy playing with no support and the only songs aimed at Houllier in a negative light. Fed up with all this booing now.

Totally agreed.

It's absolutely pathetic and does no good at all.

I can honestly say I have never been so disgusted with Villa fans than I was last night when the sacked in the morning chants started ringing round, the media have picked up on it and we are even more of a laughing stock than we originally were, so well done to anyone who opened their mouths. No wonder we get called fickle

Supporting Houllier is no way supporting the club or the team. We would be supporting a man who if he stays will take us down in my opinion. The more fans get on his back the more he is likely to crack under the pressure and do one. The sooner that happens the better for all of us.

Houllier is part of the club at the minute though and whilst the board are publically showing no signs of going back on his appointment we have to make best the situation at hand.

That situation is Houllier is the manager of our team and the manager / team being subject to that vitriol can only make the situation worse. The best we can hope for is showing some solidarity / support and by some miracle Houllier pulls us through, surely that is better than the other option?

Spot on.

I can honestly say I have never been so disgusted with Villa fans than I was last night when the sacked in the morning chants started ringing round, the media have picked up on it and we are even more of a laughing stock than we originally were, so well done to anyone who opened their mouths. No wonder we get called fickle

Again, totally agreed.

Eh,Liverpool fans did it to woy the other week, because both these managers deserve it.

Supporting Houllier is no way supporting the club or the team. We would be supporting a man who if he stays will take us down in my opinion. The more fans get on his back the more he is likely to crack under the pressure and do one. The sooner that happens the better for all of us.

Houllier is part of the club at the minute though and whilst the board are publically showing no signs of going back on his appointment we have to make best the situation at hand.

That situation is Houllier is the manager of our team and the manager / team being subject to that vitriol can only make the situation worse. The best we can hope for is showing some solidarity / support and by some miracle Houllier pulls us through, surely that is better than the other option?

Do you think we should have chanted for Ellis when he was here and no one wanted him because of the affect on the team?

Eh,Liverpool fans did it to woy the other week, because both these managers deserve it.
Who cares if Liverpool fans did it? Doesn't make it any more acceptable.

Again, totally agreed.

Its not like the manager has done everything in his power to win the fans over by delivering results and keeping his trap shut at anfield.

I couldn't give two shits what Liverpool do, I support Aston Villa Football Club, do you?

Explanation not necessary. :winkold:

Again, what are you on about?

If it's an attempt to be enigmatic then I'd stop as it isn't working.

Well, I can see you are a member of Richard's cohort! ... A tendency to mis-read!

You can see nothing of the sort.

Unfortunately for me, I've read your 'article' and your other bits of cheerleading and instruction to people.

I'm sorry that you don't take criticism very well (I suppose few of us do, really) but if you're going to make claims, assumptions about the future and predictions about what is the only path to be travelled then expect to have some people disagree and point out what they dislike about what you say.

Am I the only one who doesn't give a shit about winning against sheffield united? It hasn't got points at stake so I'm not bothered right now.

I couldn't give two shits what Liverpool do, I support Aston Villa Football Club, do you?

I sure do, but these things happen to managers that **** up clubs, so imho they get what they deserve. he should be kicked of the club not booed if you ask me.

perfectly acceptable and understandable IMO.

Houllier Out.

Ditto. He's hopeless, and deserves all the negative chants he gets and more. If'd I'd paid £30 to watch that shite last night, I'd have joined in too.

Am I the only one who doesn't give a shit about winning against sheffield united? It hasn't got points at stake so I'm not bothered right now.

Its like moscow all over again instead this time instead of trying to secure a spot in the top 4 its more a case of us securing our premiership status.

I sure do, but these things happen to managers that **** up clubs, so imho they get what they deserve. he should be kicked of the club not booed if you ask me.

Sacked in the morning is something you sing at other clubs managers, not your own!! It is **** embarrassing and I was not alone with feeling disgusted.

No, you're not.

The only problem, I think, would be losing there would just add to the woes.

I'd not play anyone who might be carrying a slight knock but, other than that, it has to be the best team possible so that they can try and find some form together.

Â