Houllier: Back him or sack him?

Stu_The_Villan

Houlier - back him or sack him?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

I don't understand how you can say we were the better side before the Heskey sending off, we were shite. Yes we missed a sitter but then so did Bent. In the second half we didn't even appear, also can you tell me if their keeper was troubled. If we think and the players think we performed well then they are bloody deluded.

We were the better team. Its quite simple.

Friedel was hrdly troubled other than the Bent effort which was Collins fault.

More possession, better football, just finishimg thats the problem.

We created nothing other than the Heskey chance. Whereas Sunderland had another golden opportunity fall to Gyan, plus the Bent onw. We created far too little and despite perhaps being the better team, we weren't good enough. It's all good having possession and passing it sideways, but it's all pointless if we get nowhere with it...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand how you can say we were the better side before the Heskey sending off, we were shite. Yes we missed a sitter but then so did Bent. In the second half we didn't even appear, also can you tell me if their keeper was troubled. If we think and the players think we performed well then they are bloody deluded.

Spot on , Sunderland should already of been ahead even before the sending off , our midfield looked flat and lacking ideas , i still struggle to see what Petrov gives our team , Bannan should of been on for him by the hour mark . And will someone tell the french prat to play wingers on the ACTUAL **** wing .

MOTD show what they want.

try going to the games and seeing for yourself.

I went. I thought both teams were equally shit and a draw was on the cards before the sending off. They threatened more second half and realised they could win the game and we did nothing about it.

Hang on, Sunderland came for a point, whereas we needed 3. We may have played it to the right and to the left but theres no way we were even close to winning that game.

With 17 matches still to run (= potential 51 points), there is plenty of time still to run.

However, we all know that team confidence is a big thing, and with whatever was achieved at Chelsea being eradicated by last night's play, everyone is nervous.

Backing the manager is the only route though. Nearly all of what has transpired can hardly be put at GH's door ... though there are a lot who would like to do that.

They're not playing for him John, enough's enough.

'fiddling while Rome burns?'

Nearly all of what has transpired can hardly be put at GH's door ... though there are a lot who would like to do that.

Who's door does it fall at then? A man who hasn't been here for five months or the chairman?

Hang on, Sunderland came for a point, whereas we needed 3. We may have played it to the right and to the left but theres no way we were even close to winning that game.

Had Heskey scored that sitter and not lashed out I believe we would have won.

How small time was that as well

Friedel coming up at the end of the match for the corner it was a premiership game for **** sake can understand if its in a cup but in domestic competition?

Desperate...

What the hell was wrong with that? :? There were a lot of things wrong with the performance last night but that wasn't one of them. It was one of the last kicks of the game and we were 1-0 down.

Baring in mind

Chelseas form

result at Molineux last night

and the fact we wer 2-1 up with 6 mins left

The stamford bridge result was a POOR 1

Were sinking fast!!!

The scary thing is - I have no idea what the solution is

Sack the manager??? Replace him with who??

Buy players??? Who???

Deep deep shit!!!!!!

You sound like Houllier, but we didn't so it's a bit of a non-point really. It's like me saying if Phil Dowd had done his job and sent Vidic off we would have won the league cup but the simple fact is we didn't. My concern is not missing that chance its the fact we had a manager who could not motivate his side, not change the tactics, not make substitutions and kept himself sat in the dug-out, no instructions passed. He's taking us one way and thats to the Championship.

Baring in mind

Chelseas form

result at Molineux last night

and the fact we wer 2-1 up with 6 mins left

The stamford bridge result was a POOR 1

Were sinking fast!!!

The scary thing is - I have no idea what the solution is

Sack the manager??? Replace him with who??

Buy players??? Who???

Deep deep shit!!!!!!

At least you're honest Woody. Many like to criticise without one constructive idea.

Either they sack him now and get Lambert and give him the money or you stick with Houllier.

Friedel coming up at the end of the match for the corner it was a premiership game for **** sake can understand if its in a cup but in domestic competition?

Desperate...

What the hell was wrong with that? :? There were a lot of things wrong with the performance last night but that wasn't one of them. It was one of the last kicks of the game and we were 1-0 down.

Desperate times i cant remember the last time us doing this in a premiership game to get some points scraping the bottom of the barrel really other clubs must look at us and have a good laugh how the mighty have fallen going from a top 6 club to this.

Desperate...

Desperate times i cant remember the last time us doing this in a premiership game to get some points scraping the bottom of the barrel really other clubs must look at us and have a good laugh how the mighty have fallen going from a top 6 club to this.

I'm sure other clubs are laughing at us right now, but there's nothing wrong with the goalkeeper coming up for a corner at the last kick of the game when the team are trailing 1-0.

Â