• A Young
    • Albrighton
    • Bannan
    • Hogg
    • Heskey
    • Reo-Coker (for Bannan 73)
    • Delfouneso (for Heskey 83)
    • Herd (for Albrighton 90+2)

Great to finally win a game. Fianlly got control of the game second half thanks to Young causing them all sorts of problems, Downing and Albrighton were a menace too. Credit to Lichaj who I thought was very solid and didn't get caught out, something which was happening all too often to Luke Young. Cuellar and Collins seemed to gel well and the defence was much improved in general..even Warnock looked alright. Hogg also did well but Bannan wasn't really in it second half. Great to NRC back in the fold.

Wasn't a vintage performance, but it was as good as it had to be. Downing MotM, for the first goal, and for pulling most of the strings in midfield. Albrighton's crossing completed the picture.

Heskey played at his best, which was impressive for someone just back. Cuellar really stiffened up the defence and helped Lichaj to build up his confidence. If we can only stop conceding from set pieces we might get a good run of form.

Maybe WBA flattered us. They had a lot of possession but really did very little with it, except when they were waltzing into our box too easily from our left.

Stop conceding set pieces in the first place and we should do better, ridiculous amount of corners today.

UTV

Collins looked ten times the player he's been this season

he was rubbish again :?

I thought he was utter gash, to be honest. Rescued numerous times by Cuellar. Collins' communication was dire, he still rushes out from his line for reasons beyond my understanding.

Then you must have watched a different game than me because to me he seemed much more reliable today than in the last games and also made some good blocks. Huge improvement.

Soon we'll be able to play:

-----------------------FRIEDEL----------------------------------

---LICHAJ---------CUELLAR------COLLINS------WARNOCK-----

---ALBRIGHTON---PETROV-----DOWNING-----A.YOUNG-----

--------------------AGBONLAHOR---HESKEY--------------------

With a bench of:

GUZAN, YOUNG, DUNNE, NRC, PETROV, NRC, DELPH, CAREW.

Ain't bad to me. And that's without anyone arriving.

Gah, Fantasy Premier League have given the assist for the first goal to Heskey.

I don't think I've ever been less enraged while watching Mark "**** Off" Halsey ref a Villa game, maybe not actually being there is scaling back my mob mentality bias? Kind of expect the West Brom fans to be raging at the 8-14 fouls stat and unloading on Ashley Young, but the benefit of televisual replays suggests they were actually just definitely fouling him about every eight seconds in the second half.

By the sounds of it we were a lot better defensively today. Looks like we've identified the culprit.

not entirely

i think we'd be even better with carlos and dunne, rather than carlos and collins - coz collins is a **** mess. dunne isnt close to being as bad as him

cuellar needs to be in there tho, its just a case of who's the least bad option to parner him, and my money's on dunne

By the way, what did Cuellar do?

My stream cut off the last 5 minutes or so.

Let a diagonal ball go over his head to a winger because he read it wrong. Ended up a corner they scored from

Was at work so only had the radio bits to keep me going!!!

How did GH 'celebrate' at the end???

A much needed morale boost and hopefully the springboard out of this current dip!!!

What's also great is having the likes of NRC, Heskey and Albrighton all returning from injury... a few more returnees and we'll be ok!

Soon we'll be able to play:

-----------------------FRIEDEL----------------------------------

---LICHAJ---------CUELLAR------COLLINS------WARNOCK-----

---ALBRIGHTON---PETROV-----DOWNING-----A.YOUNG-----

--------------------AGBONLAHOR---HESKEY--------------------

With a bench of:

GUZAN, YOUNG, DUNNE, NRC, PETROV, NRC, DELPH, CAREW.

Ain't bad to me. And that's without anyone arriving.

no thanks, that central midfield pair would get walked all over

Stop conceding set pieces in the first place and we should do better, ridiculous amount of corners today.

UTV

Catch-22, hoof it out with a safety first attitude and you give them a corner, try to play your way out and surrender possession like we've been doing in other games and they can just threaten us in another way. If we can just make it less easy for teams to find room for cannon-blast headers from corners then it'd help massively.

Then you must have watched a different game than me because to me he seemed much more reliable today than in the last games and also made some good blocks. Huge improvement.

hes off the pace, woefully inept positionally, and doesnt look comfortable with the ball at his feet

not the same player he was a year ago

i agree, he WAS much better today, but he was still terrible for a first choice cb in the premier league

Â