Scientific Experiment V3#02-G.Houllier Approval Ratings

Gringo

Does Gérard Houllier meet with your approval as manager this month?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Does Gérard Houllier meet with your approval as manager this month?

• Yes
    • No

I voted no for the month, we haven't had a good month. Still firmly believe a manager needs time but results of course must improve.

Do people really think that with time Gerrard Houllier is going to turn Villa into a winning team? We shouldn't be in this situation, doing the politically correct thing in giving him 'time' to see if he can miraculously turn into a good manager. He should never have been hired in the first place.

Yes, I think he will turn Villa into a winning team if given time.

Doing the sensible thing and giving a manager time is politically correct?

I voted no for the month, we haven't had a good month. Still firmly believe a manager needs time but results of course must improve.

Do people really think that with time Gerrard Houllier is going to turn Villa into a winning team? We shouldn't be in this situation, doing the politically correct thing in giving him 'time' to see if he can miraculously turn into a good manager. He should never have been hired in the first place.

His past record has shown he doesn't need to turn into a good manager, he is one.

won a couple of french leagues with lyon who were in a class of their own in the league before he joined, wow. some achievement.

won just a few cups with liverpool with the players they had.

left both clubs in a worse off position than when he joined them.

made a balls of the french job.

i guess thats why all the big clubs wanted him to join them now.

not exactly a top class record over ~30 years

Oui, I still want him as manager. Things are crap at the moment but it's still early days. I had a feeling we would have struggled under the previous manager this season but that's all irrelevant.

We do play some nice stuff at times but clearly aren't creating enough chances. This has been a problem under many previous managers. We need a greedy bastard up front who puts the ball in the net above all else.

His past record has shown he doesn't need to turn into a good manager, he is one.

won a couple of french leagues with lyon who were in a class of their own in the league before he joined, wow. some achievement.

It's pretty much common knowledge he left Liverpool in a very good state, as it was the next season they went on to win the Champions League with virtually the same squad. Can't speak for Lyon but I don't know why you're trying to belittle his achievements there.

No.

We are having our worst season since 05/06 and I'm not sure whether Houllier is the man to get us out of this terrible position. 16th in the league is not acceptable, but he can go a long way to reversing this decline by getting something on Monday night.

Yes, left Liverpool and then they went onto winning the Champions League!

Not exactly a top class record over 30 years?

and what, the other candidates were?

Steve Staunton was even a better candidate.

Oh and as for his record.

First club - consecutive promotions.

Lens - Promotion then a Uefa Cup spot.

PSG - Won title.

Liverpool - Won numerous trophies. Only then after falling ill and being gone for 5 months, he struggled and made bad decisions.

Lyon - Back to back titles with Lyon.

So he has yet to 'fail' in club management.

Steve Staunton was even a better candidate.

Lmao why!?

I think the fear for many is maybe that the WAS a good manager but is now yesterdays man. And of lot of far better managers with far better records fall in to that category and many wouldn't want them managing Aston Villa either.

Dear! Oh Dear! Liverpool won the Champs laegue the season after he left with the majority of his squad and Lyon also went on to win the French league the season after.

Again his results are a 'NO' but as a job he is doing with the resources at his disposal, 'YES'.

Which better managers with better records are these?

Names please?

You want me to name managers who like Houllier have been out of the game in terms of management for a while, and therefore were good managers but are now yesterdays men, and who have better records. How many do you want?

Names please?

You want me to name managers who like Houllier have been out of the game for a while, and therefore were good managers but are now yesterdays men, and who have better records. How many do you want?

No, he asked, which better managers with better records are these, names please.

He didn't ask...."can you name managers who like Houllier have been out of the game for a while, and therefore were good managers but are now yesterdays men, who have better records. Name as many as you want"

Or else he would of said that.

Names please?

You want me to name managers who like Houllier have been out of the game for a while, and therefore were good managers but are now yesterdays men, and who have better records. How many do you want?

No, he asked, which better managers with better records are these, names please.

He didn't ask...."can you name managers who like Houllier have been out of the game for a while, and therefore were good managers but are now yesterdays men, who have better records. Name as many as you want"

Sarcasm is the lowest form of whit mate but I found that quite funny.

Anyway I'm about to go out but off the top of my head. Managers who were good but are now yesterdays men with better records.

Cruyff, Trappatonni, Sven, Dalgliesh, Kendall, Beckenbaur

Laughable really but all around Houlliers age, some actually younger, some out of the game for longer, some actually still managing unlike Houllier was.

No way I'd want any of these as they to me are well past it. Much like Houllier.

Names please?

Sarcasm is the lowest form of whit mate but I found that quite funny.

Anyway I'm about to go out but off the top of my head. Managers who were good but are now yesterdays men with better records.

Cruyff, Trappatonni, Sven, Dalgliesh, Kendall, Beckenbaur

Laughable really but all around Houlliers age, some actually younger, some out of the game for longer, some actually still managing unlike Houllier was.

Not saying I'd want any of these as they to me are well past it. Much like Houllier.

What the hell has this got to do with anything??

Think about it, what you are telling us is....

Your opinion on who as a manager has a good managerial record but isn't a good manager any more.

Which for starters.

1. No one has asked.

2. Nothing to do with Houllier.

3. Your own opinion. Not fact or even backed up.

4. NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING!

Just for example, Johan Cryuff hasn't managed in football for 13 years, what the **** has he got to do with anything about Houllier and Aston Villa apart from being someone who once managed in football.

An interesting one for me, but a lot harder to judge is how is gary Mcallister doing ?

I'll be honest, I thought when it was announced we had a "dreamteam" - Gerard with the experience, McAllister with the balls, Cowans with the brains.

I've been very disappointed I got to be honest.

Now, looking objectively - I think only time will tell with Gerard - I think we will have a better idea after Feb 1st.

Sid - well the brains seem to be the high spot - Bannan came through Sid and seems a very classy player, same as Clark and Albrighton. I have also been impressed with Downing, his vision (nobody really mentioned his pass down the wing for our goal on Wednesday - it was superb).

However, it's the balls that I see us lacking.

Maybe I'm being too simplistic - but thats what I expected McAllister to excel at.

Maybe I was just stereotyping him because he is scottish !

Â