Bear Grylls vs Ray Mears

CarewsEyebrowDesigner

Choose!  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Choose!

• Bear
    • Ray

Ray would keep you well fed and sheltered, but Grylls would get you the **** out of there.

exactly,

Grylls would have you back in your own home by the weekend

Whereas Mears would have you in your own "Robin Hood Prince Of Thieves" Village in the forest with pulley systems, irrigation systems and tree houses by the weekend.

Ray would keep you well fed and sheltered, but Grylls would get you the **** out of there.

**** spot on. Ray would start building a gaff and cooking nice feasts. Bear would get you the **** out of there sharpish.

Depends on the location really. If it was an otter reserve or a butterfly farm then Ray's clearly the man . If I was actually in any danger then I would go with Grylls. Ray "Chiles" Mears is only one more dandelion and nettle souffle away from a heart attack by the looks of it.

Brumerican - that is outrageous sir! Ray will keep you safe and build you a shelter, bear will just make you eat insects then sleep in hotels :lol:

The whole hotel thing has been blown out of proportion ! It happened ages ago, Bear apologised for misleading anyone and they have long since made it clear before every show that it is educational entertainment

Channel 4 confirmed that Grylls had used hotels during expeditions and ordered the production company that made the programme to investigate the other claims.

A spokesman said: 'We take any allegations of misleading our audiences seriously.

'Bear does do all his own stunts and does put himself in perilous situations.

'But Born Survivor is not an observational documentary series but a "how to" guide to basic survival techniques in extreme environments. The programme explicitly does not claim that presenter Bear Grylls's experience is one of unaided solo survival.'

From the Daily Mail in 2007! That's nearly 4 years ago so you can drop the "he stays in hotels " bollocks. I watch both Mears and Grylls and enjoy both their styles but Bear wins hands down in the survival tough guy stakes.

(In all honesty, Bear's camera man is the real hero )

Â