• Downing
    • A Young
    • Pires
    • Bannan
    • Carew
    • Delfouneso (for Pires 46)
    • Ireland (for Carew 66)
    • Herd (for Bannan 86)

Our midfield and forward line is missing experience and is full of kids yet its our defence that play like it. The defence is a total and utter shambles.

Our defence is set up to head and kick. Unfortunately our midfield means more teams can play through us and leave us vunerable to any sort of pace, where as before, we always defended deep.

It's why I can't understand why Cuellar don't play.

Terrible first half, much better second. Anyone notice the improvement when Carew went off? He's absolutely woeful. Cost us the 3rd goal also. **** off. Seriously.

Cuellers injured

AND SHIT!

The only players who had an OK game today were Clark, Friedel and the subs.

Everyone else was dire and especially our defense. Special marks to Luke Young and James Collins who managed to be even worse than the others.

This season can't end fast enough!

Terrible first half, much better second. Anyone notice the improvement when Carew went off? He's absolutely woeful. Cost us the 3rd goal also. **** off. Seriously.

I agree with you there, I don't think I'd be to sorry if he doesn't start another game for us.

He's only recently come back from injury, but even so he was completely rubbish today. I'd only keep him if we can't replace him in January.

Friedel 7: Can't really blame him although at least one of the goals he could have done better

Young: 5 - Gave ball away and part responsible for the first goal

Collins: 4 - Too gung ho and responsible for plenty of dumb defending - was he fit?

Dunne: 6 - Best of a bad defence

Warnock: 4 - Utter utter donkey

A Young: 5 - Useful at times but can't cross from the right

Downing: 4 - Woefully ineffective

Bannan: 5 - Did ok but didn't really contribute much of note either

Clark: 8 - Really looks like a Prem player and great first goal!

Pires: 4 - Should never have started, not got the legs to track back or tackle

Carew: 5 - Same old same old, holds the ball up well, loses the ball easily going forward - didn't have a shot on goal.

Subs: Ireland 6 - We looked better when he came on started to make the midfield tick

Delfouneso 5 - Again we had more threat when he came on but didn't do anything that exciting

Herd: To little time to rate

We need some big physical defensive bodies in midfield and in defence, NRC and Cuellar will help when fit but i think Houllier needs to buy a spine to this team.

Ref: 6 - Nothing too controversial

Manager: 4 - The decision to start Pires and Carew cost him anything from this match

Our defence is costing us points as usual...

its not even funny now, anyone realise how its the seniors mistakes that are costing us? the kids look a saint compare to them and it shouldn't be that way..

I look forward to watching the highlights but from what i gathered last 10 minutes and the defence as per bloody usual cost it us.

Oh and get warnock shipped off in jan... get a replacement.. i have no words to describe he's performance.

We'll do well to stay up . At moment look like a side who wont beat ANYONE. Yes injuries etc but that doesnt explain why our back four is so shit

We cant just **** blame the back 4. Wilshire, nasri, arshavin all midfield players. It was like the **** alamo at times

Our back four was simply horrendus today, despite all of Arsenals skill, most of those goals had the back at fault. Much better second half, but not good enough as it is a 90 minute game, which we can't seem to understand. Collin, Warnock, shocking. When Cuellar is back I hope he gets straight into the team. Clark, Young, Ireland, Bannan all played well enough.

Absolutely rubbish. I can take losing to Arsenal, they're a better side, what i hated was the lack of effort and the inability to pass a ball ten yards. Everyone guilty of it at time, both Youngs, Bannan, Carew, Warnock, Downing, Collins, Dunne. All of them either cost us efforts going forward or created problems at the back.

Weve a team that are built to play fast, counter attacking football. If GH doesnt want them to do that then its pretty much start again.

Our back 4 is one of the worst ive seen at the moment. How many times did Collins and Dunne want the ball threaded between them.

Come back MON.

We were shit.

But Arsenal have the best away record in the league, an established quality side.

We've done well against Chelsea and Utd this season not today mind but gave it a crack after some truly woeful play.

West Am didnt even bother when they were playing this shit against a poor Liverpool side, so to claim we're relegation material is absolute garbage.

Anybody finds odds on GH not being in charge next season ? - I don't see the transfer window saving him tbh.

Think we will narrowly avoid the drop - and he will quit.

nah he won't quit, liverpool were at a similiar if not worse state when he took over, without the injuries though.

He will rehaul villa, just needs time.

We'll do well to stay up . At moment look like a side who wont beat ANYONE. Yes injuries etc but that doesnt explain why our back four is so shit

We cant just **** blame the back 4. Wilshire, nasri, arshavin all midfield players. It was like the **** alamo at times

I'm not just talking about todays game.

Tho will say this was far from a vintage Arsenal dispaly - we were just shit - yes injuries etc but imagine if Fabregas , Van Persie etc played today.

Don't get why our back four - the experienced players have been so shit ALL season .

Â