Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mans a nutter and he's full of shite. I'm not getting my hopes up at all.

^^

This!! Unfortunately!!

I don't think he is a nutter at all. I think he is one of those players that needs to fell "wanted", to produce.

Players are just like the rest of us, with real lives behind all the hipe. Sure they make a lot more money, but that is no guaranty to feel in balance. If AM can find the right way to include Ireland, I think we have a diamond on our hands.

One thing that is not going to help is supports, putting pressure on him. Let him be, support him on the pitch and let's see how it goes.

DelboyVilla wrote:

Quote:

The mans a nutter and he's full of shite. I'm not getting my hopes up at all.

^^

This!! Unfortunately!!

I don't think he is a nutter at all. I think he is one of those players that needs to fell "wanted", to produce.

Players are just like the rest of us, with real lives behind all the hipe. Sure they make a lot more money, but that is no guaranty to feel in balance. If AM can find the right way to include Ireland, I think we have a diamond on our hands.

One thing that is not going to help is supports, putting pressure on him. Let him be, support him on the pitch and let's see how it goes.

I really hope so but I just can't see it especially after all the things he has said about the area and the previous manager?

I'm willing to give him a chance after his recent words. He seems pretty pleased to have the number 7 shirt.

Since he didn't earn it, I hope he's just as pleased to justify it this season.

Wainy316 wrote:

I'm willing to give him a chance after his recent words. He seems pretty pleased to have the number 7 shirt.

Since he didn't earn it, I hope he's just as pleased to justify it this season.

I think he will be more pleased with his pay packet each week though??

Sorry pal, can you please direct me to some posts where you anything expect have negative things to say about Villa?

Do you have anything to contribue at all or are you just a negative person?

Are you related to steakandchips?

Again, post on poster. Try having an opinion on the team.

I do have an opinion on the team, and a very positive one at that, you should try it some time, it might make you feel better.

Anyway, im really looking forward to the season starting and supporting my team.

Im pretty sure we will make signings this week that will give the place a lift.

Maybe GH not returning is a blessing in dusguise as far as SI is concerned.

I think he could turn out to be our star player this season.

Well we know he will be the best player in training?? I just wonder what will happen when he doesn't get picked one week and he throws his toys out the pram??

I think the guy has been reading his own hype and has fooled himself into thinking that he is the Bald Xavi??

He'd shine so give him a real chance

The only way he will shine is off his bonce!!

Needs to get his career on track quickly after another wasted season! He even failed at an injury ravaged barcodes!! The numpty!!

stick him behind Bent and see what he can do...

we've got an easy start to the season so let's see if he's got what it takes...

him, downing and zogs providing the ammunition with possibly parker and delph behind would be a good midefield set up i reckon

him, downing and zogs providing the ammunition with possibly parker and delph behind would be a good midefield set up i reckon

As McLeish has allegedly stated he will be playing Bent and Gabby together, that would mean a three man defence!! Back to the Brian Little days then!

Quote:

As McLeish has allegedly stated he will be playing Bent and Gabby together, that would mean a three man defence!! Back to the Brian Little days then!

:hooray::cheers:

Carling Cup here we come!!!!! Oh wait, what happened when AM won that last??

I've never got as emotionally attached to the players like some on here so I couldn't give a toss what he says, wears or looks like, I just want him to play well for my team (let's face it the players have consistently shown a lack of loyalty and disrespect for the fans for decades now, maybe we need to treat them more as assets and less as heroes). With that in mind I'm quite excited about Ireland this season, I'm glad he's staying and saying that he wants to give it his best - genuinely as good as a new signing if he does do this.

I've never got as emotionally attached to the players like some on here so I couldn't give a toss what he says, wears or looks like, I just want him to play well for my team (let's face it the players have consistently shown a lack of loyalty and disrespect for the fans for decades now, maybe we need to treat them more as assets and less as heroes). With that in mind I'm quite excited about Ireland this season, I'm glad he's staying and saying that he wants to give it his best - genuinely as good as a new signing if he does do this.

Unfortunately mate footballers live in a bubble now full of hangers on who are constantly telling them how great they are. Gone are the days where they walked the streets like Gary Shaw used to.

I think as long as there are agents and publicists hawking often average players around, there will be players wondering around totally detached from the real world.