Stephen Ireland

Richard

Wouldnt play the useless clearing in the woods even in the reserves. He's done nothing to deserve a start

And you wonder why when Houllier has treated him like shite.

By treating him like shite, I assume you mean playing him, and then watching him play like he couldnt give two shits then dropping him ?

Yes ?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno what has gotten into everyone. Ireland has been useless every time he has played, has asked to leave, and doesn't want to be here, what makes everyone think he's suddenly going to burst into life and be a creative force.

He's a disease in the squad.

No wonder our players are under performing with the negativity coming out of all the fans about nearly all the players.

If he did ask to leave... do you not think the poor reception from fans is due to it?

If he did ask to leave... do you not think the poor reception from fans is due to it?

You being serious ?

I'd say its because he can't get his own way and he's threw his toys out his pram. You can't expect to play week in week out if you waste every chance you get can you ?

Tell me ONE thing he's done when given the chance to warrant a place in the side above any of the other players ?

He struts around unwilling (or unable?) to contribute anything to the team effort. He's an absolute waste of space

And his career is as good as over

Pretty sure Gazton said that Houllier made it up about Ireland asking to leave.

So it must be true then.

No.

But it must have some kind of substance.

why must it ?

surely if a manager says he's indicated he wants out, then he wants out

You being serious ?

I'd say its because he can't get his own way and he's threw his toys out his pram. You can't expect to play week in week out if you waste every chance you get can you ?

Tell me ONE thing he's done when given the chance to warrant a place in the side above any of the other players ?

He struts around unwilling (or unable?) to contribute anything to the team effort. He's an absolute waste of space

And his career is as good as over

I could quite easily ask you the same about some Villa players this season. Does it mean we should get rid of them as well?

Last season Spurs didn't win for a long time and it was reported that every game Bale played they didn't win. Look at him now.

Stop letting your Villa pessimism get to you, have a little faith in our boys.

A couple of quotes from a Daily Mail article in another thread:

Let's imagine for a minute that you had deliberately set about sabotaging Aston Villa Football Club.

Bearing in mind that you had to remain in paid employment to carry out your dastardly plan, what would you do?

You could publicly belittle a new £8million signing, who admitted he was short of confidence at his unveiling, knowing that his brittle mental state would cause him to disappear from view.

Ireland to me could be the answer to whether we stay up or go down. The problem is that only Stephen Ireland can decide whether he is going to show his talent or continue with his rich boy attitude. Heard that in training, he has been very committed the last couple of weeks

Please Stephen Ireland, start delivering and proving that you are actually a very very good player. Who knows you might actually enjoy playing here

A couple of quotes from a Daily Mail article

i stopped reading here.

I know Cheltenham, I felt the same, but boredom at work meant I had time to spare, and the first part of the article was quite interesting.

Play him in a midfield 3 of Coker and bannan on sat

No way should he be chosen ahead of Petrov. If it's a CM of 3, then Bannan, Petrov, NRC should be the 3. Ireland will lack match fitness and confidence when if he was picked now. He should be coming off the bench if he's back in the fold.