Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'd pay up Pires contract up so that's one place free.

To me Ireland was starting to get into things slightly more before his latest exclusion. He was good when he came on against Arsenal, nearly scored against SHA and was one of the better players in the disgrace at Liverpool.

The football we played tonight was horrific, lump the ball to Heskey.

I've always said I'd rather see Ireland in the hole with Young back on the left, I believed we'd play better football as a result but I'd have done that for 5 games earlier on in the season.

This is the main thing that has pissed me off with Houllier. There is such a talent in there, if given the confidence he could really shine for us and could seriously be key to our survival. You don't lose class overnight - and Houllier has treated him like a piece of shit. If he's not in the team soon I worry for Ireland's future as he might just be ruined as a decent player. I like Ireland, I was excited with his arrival but Houllier has not done himself any favours by singling some players out.

Got to agree with you. I like Ireland, and the little he has played, I think he's had a few moments where luck has been against him, but the invention and ideas are there.

It's a shame that GH seems to want to continually try Young in Ireland's position, and put Gabby in Young's place. Maybe with Heskey out for 3 games, Ireland might get a chance - but I doubt it.

Total shame.

Dunno what has gotten into everyone. Ireland has been useless every time he has played, has asked to leave, and doesn't want to be here, what makes everyone think he's suddenly going to burst into life and be a creative force.

He's a disease in the squad.