Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure it just isn't you covering your tracks - you did say Ireland wanted to stay afterall and it clearly isn't the case. No offence.

No offence taken.

I'd be more offended if you'd been posting here for more than 2 weeks before you started questioning my motives and calling me a liar. No offence.

Sure it just isn't you covering your tracks - you did say Ireland wanted to stay afterall and it clearly isn't the case. No offence.

No offence taken.

I'd be more offended if you'd been posting here for more than 2 weeks before you started questioning my motives and calling me a liar. No offence.

Again why would Houllier go to the media and say Ireland ASKED to leave, when Ireland could simply release a statement saying he was told to leave. Makes absolute zero sense to me whatsoever. The fact Houllier has been lambasted by the Villa fans for ages now - would he really risk infuriating them even more?

Gazton in simple terms is their no way back for Ireland? I see where your coming from but for me his agent has been feeding stuff to the press, hence for questions to be asked to Houllier.

Could also mean that Houllier is looking to sell players, because he has little money in the kitty for players hes trying to bring in.

He could still recoup a tidy sum for Ireland, does not fancy him at all, and deems him lazy, so tries to push him out the Door?

I am not Irelands biggest fan at the moment, and couldent care less, but i hope its not the scenario ive painted, otherwise, we are right back to the good old Oleary days :lol:

No offence taken.

Again why would Houllier go to the media and say Ireland ASKED to leave, when Ireland could simply release a statement saying he was told to leave. Makes absolute zero sense to me whatsoever. The fact Houllier has been lambasted by the Villa fans for ages now - would he really risk infuriating them even more?

I don't know the answer to that.

However, I do know that the player is very aware that the majority of fans are against him. He is aware that there's a good chance he'll get booed next time he goes on the field.

Now, if he were to kick up a fuss and release that statement (which he has never done previously, even when Man City made him train in the reserves) he would be burning what few bridges remain, with management and supporters. He wants to make it work. In my opinion, he'll only be able to do that by training hard and taking a chance when he gets in the team.

That was his plan. What he makes of recent developments where the manager has said he won't "stupid" enough toIreland in an advanced role again, I don't know.

There's no co-incidence, I am sure, between the efforts of Houllier to push Ireland out of the club and the recent stories in the press about him costing £2000 per minute on the field.

I noticed Neil Moxey's (journalist who has the inside track) twitter was pretty disgusted about Villa's poor PR and media "disinformation" the other day.

There's no co-incidence, I am sure, between the efforts of Houllier to push Ireland out of the club and the recent stories in the press about him costing £2000 per minute on the field.

I think he wants out and GH wants him out as he is not prepared to to work his bollox off for this club. He may well train hard but for christ's sake, he needs to do it on the pitch.

As for the above, any journo can divide his weekly wages paid to him at present by how many minutes he has played to get that £2000 a minute.

I think he wants out and GH wants him out as he is not prepared to to work his bollox off for this club. He may well train hard but for christ's sake, he needs to do it on the pitch.

As for the above, any journo can divide his weekly wages paid to him at present by how many minutes he has played to get that £2000 a minute.

Sorry, I didn't mean just that instance. I meant the general tone of the media recently.

No offence taken.

I don't know the answer to that.

However, I do know that the player is very aware that the majority of fans are against him. He is aware that there's a good chance he'll get booed next time he goes on the field.

Now, if he were to kick up a fuss and release that statement (which he has never done previously, even when Man City made him train in the reserves) he would be burning what few bridges remain, with management and supporters. He wants to make it work. In my opinion, he'll only be able to do that by training hard and taking a chance when he gets in the team.

That was his plan. What he makes of recent developments where the manager has said he won't "stupid" enough toIreland in an advanced role again, I don't know.

I noticed Neil Moxey's (journalist who has the inside track) twitter was pretty disgusted about Villa's poor PR and media "disinformation" the other day.

That is very sad indeed and very infuriating. The club has changed too much for my liking.

Ahh Neil Moxley the oracle of football and another mountain maker.

Actually Moxley has as Gazton says been very much on the inside track at Villa the last year or so. Some journo's are favoured by Lerner and get stuff that others don't based on trust. NM was seen as possibly the most trusted

Ahh Neil Moxley the oracle of football and another mountain maker.

Actually Moxley has as Gazton says been very much on the inside track at Villa the last year or so. Some journo's are favoured by Lerner and get stuff that others don't based on trust. NM was seen as possibly the most trusted

Didnt say anything different and doesnt change my post - actually.

Moxley was favoured by MON when MON arranged to take all the journalists to the now defunct 82 resteraunt in Sutton it was arranged via Neil Moxley and Lisa Smith who fell out with MON about the Defoe story ( Allegedly ) .

The Board actually get on with Matt Kendrick now but still massively wary of them .

This is, IMHO, a load of rubbish. I would say 90% of Villa fans - and I am certainly one of them - are more than with him. We are all hoping that he can be the Ireland that Citeh had in 08/09. All he has to do is apply himself and show some effort and no-one would boo him I am sure.

IMO, he needs to show some maturity and work his socks off for his team mates and we would all love him to become a Villa legend.