Stephen Ireland

Richard

Mates, problem always has been getting him motivated. He's always had the class, but he reminds me a bit of Adebayor mentally. Swore he bled blue for City, somehow he didn't show this mentality on the pitch.

Would be nice if Houllier lit a fire under him.

It would be even nicer if we could have James Milner back. :(

Nah, as much as i miss him i wouldn't have him back nor barry for that matter... they leave, thats it.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mates, problem always has been getting him motivated. He's always had the class, but he reminds me a bit of Adebayor mentally. Swore he bled blue for City, somehow he didn't show this mentality on the pitch.

Milner has basically had one outstanding match for us against Liverpool. So far he really hasn't had a huge impact for us.

Milner has basically had one outstanding match for us against Liverpool. So far he really hasn't had a huge impact for us.

He should have stayed here tbh. Now he has been shunted out wide he won't be half as effective as he was for us last year.

He should have stayed here tbh. Now he has been shunted out wide he won't be half as effective as he was for us last year.

More or less I feel the same way. Silva has played his best on the left this last match. Hopefully Mancini allows Silva to play left wing and puts Milner in the middle behind Tevez. I don't see why we bought him if it's going to be a constant struggle to turn him into a natural winger.

More or less I feel the same way. Silva has played his best on the left this last match. Hopefully Mancini allows Silva to play left wing and puts Milner in the middle behind Tevez. I don't see why we bought him if it's going to be a constant struggle to turn him into a natural winger.

I do

to weaken us simple as.

I do

to weaken us simple as.

Correct.

They don't need him. Barry, Silva, Viera, Etuhu, de Jong, Toure, Johnson Kompany if you like can all play central midfield. There's a slim chance Milner will ever be put there which is good because we would have **** them over.

Saying that we swapped a central midfielder for an attacking midfielder. (A position we struggle to fit a player in)

People need to give him time, barely played last year and come in late this season. Needs proper training and match fitness, he also plays in a position where it is critical you are on the same wavelength as your teammates. He's shown signs but it will take time for us to see the real Stephen Ireland.

See Downing, Milner, Petrov etc...

People need to give him time, barely played last year and come in late this season. Needs proper training and match fitness, he also plays in a position where it is critical you are on the same wavelength as your teammates. He's shown signs but it will take time for us to see the real Stephen Ireland.

See Downing, Milner, Petrov etc...

In a nutshell

Milner's the best English CM out there right now.

Strange the Man Kini is not playing him there.

Irleand will take time, but i see the makings of a very decent player ....

Ireland was utter shit today. He had absolutely no desire to get involved in attack and applied 0 pressure in defence. IMO he has played himself out of a starting position and has a lot of improving to do.

Villa boss Houllier admits Ireland looks lost

Aston Villa boss Gerard Houllier admits Stephen Ireland has been looking "lost".

Ireland struggled to make an impact in defeat to Sunderland on Saturday.

"I don't know Stephen Ireland well, I've only been here a month," said Villa's manager. "His work-rate and attitude have been OK. He played very well against Chelsea [in a 0-0 draw] but he looked a bit lost today. It happens to the best players – and maybe he didn't play too much at Manchester City last season."

link

He's not the only one GH, take a look at Sidwell :-)

Villa boss Houllier admits Ireland looks lost

Aston Villa boss Gerard Houllier admits Stephen Ireland has been looking "lost".

Ireland struggled to make an impact in defeat to Sunderland on Saturday.

"I don't know Stephen Ireland well, I've only been here a month," said Villa's manager. "His work-rate and attitude have been OK. He played very well against Chelsea [in a 0-0 draw] but he looked a bit lost today. It happens to the best players – and maybe he didn't play too much at Manchester City last season."

link

He's not the only one GH, take a look at Sidwell :-)

Blimey, if I was Ireland, I think I would rather Houllier had said that to me in private and not chatted to a dodgy website about it.

EDIT - just seen that he told the assembled national press at the post-match conference about this, so delete comment about dodgy website.

Blimey, if I was Ireland, I think I would rather Houllier had said that to me in private and not chatted to a dodgy website about it.

Yeah hes really a joke GH eh?

MON would never have done that.. oh he did,he told everyone how shit Thomas Sørensen was..Blimey