Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

he should start on wednesday, he scored in the last round! he's going to run out of patience soon due to a lack of opportunities and we'll lose the best player ever to play in the academy!

Has anyone seen him in training? I am a little baffled at his lack of opportunities especially with an older striker coming on to run down the clock.

He has a good start to goal ratio stats wise and I like the way he plays but I have never seen him in training, is he another case of a player not spectacular in training but a quality match player or is it due to not being ready?

I just cant figure out why Hogg, Bannan, Albrighton, Lowry, Clark have all been thrown into the deep end in positions you need stability but up front where you have some luxuries on playing a less experienced player we have barely seen him feature.

I can't see him starting tonight so lets hope we get through, a start against Reading should definitely be on the cards.

Either way I hope he doesn't lose hope, he has great footwork, great intelligence on the pitch (much much more than Gabby), is quick. likes to shoot and gets upset with himself when he doesn't meet his own high standards...

Physical ability, determination and character......not quite sure why these qualities are not on display just yet but lets hope he gets on sometime at 45mins and scores a couple in the second half, might be the only way he convinces the manager he is worth a punt.

Delfounso isnt good enough at the moment, he needs game time and should have been sent out on loan.

Agree.

Think he possibly would have gone out on loan were we not in a relegation scrap.

He'd have been perfect for Baggies, but we obviously didnt want to strengthen a rival.

Delfounso isnt good enough at the moment, he needs game time and should have been sent out on loan.

Agreed, but is Heskey? Is Gabby? We are backing laboured players, Gabby has been used as a winger.

Which in my mind leaves us with one up front, Delf isn't on loan so why doesn't he get time.

Surely the point of a loan is to get games, my argument is give him some game time, especially when you are up against Blackburn and they are struggling with pace...

I dont think Gabby will ever be a 20 goal a season striker as long as he has got a hole in his arse. Heskey is brilliant at what he does. Me personally would be tempted to flog Gabby if the price was right.

Delfounso has all the potential but there are questions over his determination to succeed. Weiman will be a top player ahead of Delfounso IMO. Weiman has gone out on loan to Watford and will come back a better player and push ahead of Delfounso.

Delfounso has all the potential but there are questions over his determination to succeed. Weiman will be a top player ahead of Delfounso IMO. Weiman has gone out on loan to Watford and will come back a better player and push ahead of Delfounso.

Ha agree with that too, Weimann is a very intelligent player and seems to be adding to his development with every game, nothing like a player who looks along the defensive line to see if he has a curved run opportunity; the shoulder is a great place to play off.

Has Delfs determination to succeed something that has always been some sort of issue to the coaches or is that your perspective?

Is his lack of loan determination the problem?

I feel he is more of a solo player but in the right way, believes in himself and plays to score goals (bit like Bent) but then again all I have to judge is his body language in reserve and a hat full of first team appearances, must be something stopping him.

Clearly you have a better insight than I.

I'm not Gabby's biggest fan but he can give you something in games that not many other players can - raw pace that scares the life out of defenders. He may not score 20 but can do a job up front or on the wing, especially against high-lines and slow defenders.

Ha agree with that too, Weimann is a very intelligent player and seems to be adding to his development with every game, nothing like a player who looks along the defensive line to see if he has a curved run opportunity; the shoulder is a great place to play off.

Has Delfs determination to succeed something that has always been some sort of issue to the coaches or is that your perspective?

Is his lack of loan determination the problem?

I feel he is more of a solo player but in the right way, believes in himself and plays to score goals (bit like Bent) but then again all I have to judge is his body language in reserve and a hat full of first team appearances, must be something stopping him.

Clearly you have a better insight than I.

Not really mate, just snippets i pick up from off here mate. MYSTERYMAN has said in the past about Delfounso's attitude being questione dby some of the coaches and that Wieman has a different outlook and the willingness to succeed.

Â