Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Posting in here because it will likely cheer you guys up.

A girl who I kissed when I was in high school (and had a bit of an adolescent girl-crush on) has messaged me asking when I'm home next to catch up and I feel really nervous to meet and catch up with her! How weird is that?

Ps. I am not a lesbian.

What are you nervous about Laura? That you might...ya know...still fancy her?

Honestly, maybe? Or that she might not fancy me. But why do I care? It's so weird! I'm happy, she's happy. It's just one of those, bringing back old feelings things I suppose?

Hahaha Gareth. 8) Karma is a bitch, eh?

And Ben, I'll PM you ;)

A girl who I kissed when I was in high school (and had a bit of an adolescent girl-crush on) has messaged me asking when I'm home next to catch up and I feel really nervous to meet and catch up with her! How weird is that?

Ps. I am not a lesbian.

Honestly, maybe? Or that she might not fancy me. But why do I care? It's so weird! I'm happy, she's happy. It's just one of those, bringing back old feelings things I suppose?

And Ben, I'll PM you ;)

Laura, is she into guys or girls?

Ps. I am not a lesbian.

And Ben, I'll PM you ;)

Laura, is she into guys or girls?

I dont think she knows! :lol:

Wow I am using my 1000th post on 'girl-on-girl' action. I am so utterly predictable!!!!!

I am sure it will be something that after a couple of glasses of wine , you will all have a giggle about it.

Just hope it is not her fella's way of 'spicing' things up etc

And again I say....

drool2.gif

Well helloooooooo........ :wink:

I wrote to the HR Manager of Derby County FC (because I live a mile from Pride Park), explaining that I was coming into redundancy and that I would love a chance to volunteer in their organisation to learn a bit about HR and if I'd like a career in it. She wrote back and said that due to the sensitive nature of their HR because of the type of business, they couldnt accept volunteers but that she was happy to invite me in for a meeting with her.

Just been to Pride Park for a meeting and she was super helpful and lovely. Gave me CV pointers, Interview tips, let me ask questions. It was ace.

Lovely that someone took an hour out of their day to help someone out with no benefit to themselves.

She also kept a copy of my CV in case anything comes up. :thumb:

Well done Derby County!

She really didn't have to do that.

On footy club sensitivity, my mate used to be Head of HR at Everton and some of the things that they have to sort out. Everton had a 'chubby' striker some time ago who was pissed up in a Manchester hotel with a couple of birds. He took off early in the morning to get back to his Mrs and still in a pissed up state drove straight through the hotel car park barrier. It caused a fair bit of damage.

The club (not the player) then settled the damage costs to have it repaired and paid them to keep it out of the press!!!

Anyway......

Have you met that girl you fancy again yet?

Winter. Everybody hates it but I love it! I love wrapping up warm when out and getting home, and getting all cosy when it's cold outside with a mug of hot chocolate. I love snow (apart from the traffic it causes) and I love the time building up to Christmas and new year. It's great! Loads better than boring spring and yawnfest Autumn. I think I'd hate to live in a country where it was hot all year round

Winter. Everybody hates it but I love it! I love wrapping up warm when out and getting home, and getting all cosy when it's cold outside with a mug of hot chocolate. I love snow (apart from the traffic it causes) and I love the time building up to Christmas and new year. It's great! Loads better than boring spring and yawnfest Autumn. I think I'd hate to live in a country where it was hot all year round
This.

Except for your comment about Autumn, which is also great, IMO.

Just got asked to be a fire warden at work. I get my own hi-vis jacket.

I know this shouldn't excite me, but I did a little victory dance.

That'd be **** great, going round setting fire to stuff.

Â