Match Thread

limpid

Milner has had no pre-season and will get some stick from the fans which will be detrimental for the team. If he gets injured then we'll have an unhappy player at the club until January.

It's a mistake tbh.

Agree

He wont be unhappy, he will give 100% like he always does.

I hope so Jez - although his head's been turned I expect him to put the effort in today.

Who will take a pen though if needed??? Would we trust Milner to take it??

yes - the guy is about as close as you can get to a perfect pro. he's a yorkshire lad, where spades are spades, you scratch it where it itches and you play to win.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watching Swedish television and I'm not sure if it is there incompetence or if we are playing in a rather weird way. They had Milner as RM, Albrighton as CM next to Petrov, Downing to the left of midfield and Carew and A Young up top. Is that right?

I'm genuinely surprised by our line-up and i love it, it's very refreshing. Think we have one winger too many on the pitch and but in a game where we should have more possession might not be the worst thing.

3-0 young, clark, albrington !

I think it's the right team. Milner's a better player than NRC and Albrighton's a winger. If NRC was to play it should have been instead of Downing with Ashley on the left and NRC in the middle, but considering we're at home and need to come at them and attack I think it's correct to have Downing in the side.

NRC will still play a role for us this season imo.

Just watching Swedish television and I'm not sure if it is there incompetence or if we are playing in a rather weird way. They had Milner as RM, Albrighton as CM next to Petrov, Downing to the left of midfield and Carew and A Young up top. Is that right?

dont know what the shape is yet but i reckon that they have got it wrong!

milner and petrov will be in the middle regardless i would have thought then it has to be either young off carew or young left with downing making three in the middle.

That is the same shape that FSC showed here in the US. Quite stunning if true.

what if the milner transfer has collapsed and he is staying put?...
Don't get your hopes up.

i'm not, but until he gets sold - he aint been sold.

playing him isnt necessarily a bad thing as maybe kmac knows something we dont.