Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

No, nothing like as bad as the last couple of pages make it sound. There are bugs, there are problems but on the basis that there are tens of thousands (40,000+ playing it when Miles from SI goes to bed apparently and they are only Steam users)playing it every day it really can't be that bad can it?

I've been playing it every day as well, its FM it does that to you but honestly it is really pretty bad.

If you've played FM before and enjoyed it, you will enjoy this.

I've played and enjoyed everyone to date but I'm struggling with this one I really am.

Problem is, it's just as AC describes it. People are affected a differently and personally I'm enjoying it immensely now. There obviously are bugs that needs to be fixed, but for me it certainly isn't unplayable or even bad. And I also play on a daily basis. :)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, update. I got sacked from Derby for applying elsehwere. As soon as I took over QPR I noticed they had players on 21/22k and a lot of them, average players too. So, gone on a major rebuild for my first full season but I need time for them to blend in together, but I do think its a good team and have a bank balance now of +8m, 35k left on my wage bill and £2m left of a £5m budget.

britishish.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

best I can hope for is play-offs.

530br8.jpg

Seriously... I really do not know what to say, how shit must he have been, appointed and sacked within that time and with a match played LMFAO.

on my game Gary Neville became West Brom manager, i got a news item saying he was on the verge of being sacked before he'd even taken charge of a single game.

two and a half seasons into my save & i don't think any teams have the same manager they started with, and Liverpool have been through four different managers.

so many bugs in this game, currently every time i win a cup game, no matter which round of the cup it is, i get a news item saying 'Aston Villa lift _____ cup trophy'. my star striker out of the blue for no discernable reason dropped to 'very low' morale and has stayed that way for 3 months now despite the rest of the team all being on very good/superb and his personal page saying he's 'very happy playing at the club'. and yesterday i missed five penalties in one game (one in ET, four in the shoot-out).

frustrating.

I have had no bugs so far :confused:

Is everybody using the updated version or??

I'm playing as Dover in BSS which might explain why I haven't seen any real transfer issues. The only thing I've really noticed is that players can get morally destroyed by opposing managers that single them out as a player they must stop in order to win. I've had three striker perform amazingly well and scoring for fun, but each of them had their morale wrecked by being singled out as threats.

its rfeally hard to sell players even in the 2nd season, all other teams wnat to do is loan them witha view for a permenent deal but they never sign them!

it really is a joke

just signed ramieres from chelsea for 6m, also got got hleb 1.5m. ill tell you something though delph is so good on it

I'm enjoying the game, despite a few bugs. Certainly nothing to spoil it so far, imo.

One that I did have though was that my best striker at Mansfield Town got injured and the press asked me twice if this would give Michael Reiziger a chance to get into the team. That's right, former Holland defender Michael Reiziger, who was an unemployed coach at the time on the game. Very odd!

Things bugging me in this game so far

* Impossible to sell players

* Conversations between you and players make no sense

* Every team seems to sack their manager

* The Villa squad is supposed to be lacking strength out wide?!?!?!?

* Penalty misses - seriously how many?

* Injuries - So bloody many

* Player fitness levels - wtf?

I'm sure there are a few other things as well.

Well, actually I did have problems with the first one in another game but new Villa one I started, I sold Carew and Osbourne in first window for money. (Only two I tried to sell for money)

Not had any problems with convo's as of yet!

Nor manager sacking but haven't played long enough!

Does that matter, only wants your ass man says ain't it?

Again ain't played long enough to notice penalty misses...

injuries have been fair, usually between 2-4 injured I have.

Fitness levels okay??

Things bugging me in this game so far

* Impossible to sell players - Have to give most away!

* Conversations between you and players make no sense - Dont even bother with this now!

* Cards, Cards, Cards!

Just picked it up again, after nearly a 2 week break. Never seen so many red cards/bookings. As for selling players, i'd have a better chance of selling a prostitute in a nunnery!

So tempted to fire up FM10 again.

Â