Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

I'm so bad on this game. About to get the sack with Villa 15games in. Just can't seem to win. Defence is all over the place, cant defend any set pieces even though i have it being worked on it in Match Preperation.

This game is solid.

FM is weird.

Some games, I find a team and I'm brilliant, win promotions, build great teams etc...and then other games (every Villa game especially) I'm dire and can't get anything right.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm awful at this game. I can't seem to get any consistency and my defence is all over the place. Any good formations and tactics would be much appreciated.

my title winning xi was more or less:

--------------friedel---------------

young--fazio---dunne--warnock

----(2 from) park/nrc/ireland----

young/downing--young/albrighton

----------gabby----carew---------

had gabby playing the complete forward role, with carew as target man. the left sided cm was always my holding player, while the rcm was allowed to get forward and attack. wingers were told to concern themselves only with attack, and the full backs were set to full backs, not wing backs as the game had set them for some reason

played an attacking game, hard tackling and high pressure, getting the ball out the wings when i could

and i **** cleaned up :lol:

Just installed this and i have a problem whenever i play as Villa on these game i struggle or get really fed up when i get on a bad run of form, so i thought i would ask you kind gentlemen for idea's.

Ideally i am looking for a challenge outside of the top divisions in the league but not sure who to start with idea's?

I'm still playing 2009 but I'm getting a bit bored so I'm thinking of editing the game to make a kind of scenario in which Villa have been put out of business by the recession and it will be my job to take us back to the football league and ultimately back to the Premiership.

I doubt I'll see it through though and end up carrying on with my Indonesian Super League save :?

Started my first game as unemployed and got the Hereford job pretty quickly. Only done one friendly so far (1-1 vs Dunfermline) but I quite like the new UI. I can see myself using the new movement maps quite a bit for analysing how my teams play. Looks pretty handy.

Just installed this and i have a problem whenever i play as Villa on these game i struggle or get really fed up when i get on a bad run of form, so i thought i would ask you kind gentlemen for idea's.

Ideally i am looking for a challenge outside of the top divisions in the league but not sure who to start with idea's?

Start unemployed with a low reputation and see what jobs you get offered. I also found myself a bit too emotionally attached to my beloved Villa which meant I sort of lost spirit during bad times. It is easier working with a shit lower league team and make them half decent for their level.

Just started a game with Villa. Struggling to off-load any of my players, can't shift Heskey or Davies. I've signed Anthony Annan, Oscar Cardoza and a young left back whose name I can't remember now. Got Cardoza for 10m and Annan for 2.8m, had to readjust my budgets just afford Annan's 28k a week wages, thank's to O'Neill dishing out mega money to any he fancied! Might try and shift Beye to clear some wages, to see if anybody is interested.

Only just about to play my first league game after a good pre-season.

Â