Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but the jobs KM's if he wants it

That will be the problem (if anything) I think.

Come on Hanky, it's not all that bad!

He knows the players inside and out, which is more than can be said for anyone new who comes into the club. Maybe he would be a great choice of Head Coach. Let him go to the money men with the names of players he wants and they go and get them for him whilst he concentrates on the coaching side and getting the players ready for the games. That way he can't be blamed for excessive wages and can just concentrate on picking the right team for each game.

And we would get to sing this:

Kev Macdonald's got a team,

Fighting for top four,

And when the ball goes up the pitch,

You know we're gonna score,

With Big John here and Gabby there,

Mark and Ash with all their flair,

Kev Macdonald's got a team,

Fighting for top four.

:lol::flag:

I know this has been spouted about all over the place but the jobs KM's if he wants it - That's what I've heard today from a very good club source.

Also heard loads of bad mouthing of MON from within the club as most the staff (don't know about players/coaches) couldn't wait to see the back of the bloke.

ive no doubt he wasnt liked around the club, such is his controlling style. Unfortunately that style also bought 3 6th place finishes. How many people think our next manager will be able to improve upon that?

I know this has been spouted about all over the place but the jobs KM's if he wants it - That's what I've heard today from a very good club source.

Also heard loads of bad mouthing of MON from within the club as most the staff (don't know about players/coaches) couldn't wait to see the back of the bloke.

ive no doubt he wasnt liked around the club, such is his controlling style. Unfortunately that style also bought 3 6th place finishes. How many people think our next manager will be able to improve upon that?

Good question, but how many people think MON would be able to have improved on that?

I'd say his return from Milan has more to do with Milner than a new manager.

I suppose that is if you have a plausible reason for him to go to Milan in the first place.

The Milner thing was as hot when he left as it is now.

yes but how many players would mon has pissed off and they would have left?

Who gives a ****, it's not play school he was not here to make everyone happy. He was here to win football matches, which he did better than anyone in the coast decade and a half.

Good question, but how many people think MON would be able to have improved on that?

Also, the next man is highly unlikely to receive the same level of financial backing that MON enjoyed .....

I'm not sure I wnat an Italian manager, he will probably be just as defensive as MON. I want someone who will allow the talented players we have at the club to play football. We have plenty of good strong defenders and our forwards have got plenty of class. Let them express themselves I say, not be tied to defending and coutner-attacking hoofball.

He was here to win football matches, which he did better than anyone in the coast decade and a half.

Given the level of financial backing he received, that was surely to be expected?

He certainly did not exceed my expectations on the results (or many other) fronts.

Also, did he not have a slightly lower win (or points) ratio than Gregory? Something like that. Sure I read that somewhere (Sky)

He was here to win football matches, which he did better than anyone in the coast decade and a half.

Given the level of financial backing he received, that was surely to be expected?

He certainly did not exceed my expectations on the results (or many other) fronts.

Also, did he not have a slightly lower win (or points) ratio than Gregory? Something like that. Sure I read that somewhere (Sky)

That's true, but then lets be fair, when Gergory was in charge the Premier League was no where near as strong.

For me personally, MON did nothing but frustrate me.....When players on the pitch were tired MON would just leave them on and the other team would score because of that.

All them draws last season when alot of them games we should have won, if he only changed some of the first 11 when they were clearly tired.

No point winning games against the top 4-6 teams if you can't beat the 10 teams below you....Anyway thinking about MON and how he never gave some players a chance makes me grrrr.

New subject please!

Who gives a ****, it's not play school he was not here to make everyone happy. He was here to win football matches, which he did better than anyone in the coast decade and a half.

and will he win football matches if he continously pisses everyone off? who will want to play for him