Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Massive over reaction to give it to him on the basis of one game, however tempting it may be for the owner

I agree. Whilst I'm delighted with him Tony Mack and Sid, I'd like someone with huge international knowledge of the game. I was disappointed with the attendance too, caused by our lack of signings I feel and the fallout caused by MON. I'm not sure if we'll get better attendances if Kevin Mac takes the job.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Massive over reaction to give it to him on the basis of one game, however tempting it may be for the owner

I agree with that. It will be a test to see how we can do away but I'd rather Kev Mac than a couple of the managers we have been linked with and I said that a couple of days ago.

I agree. Whilst I'm delighted with him Tony Mack and Sid, I'd like someone with huge international knowledge of the game. I was disappointed with the attendance too, caused by our lack of signings I feel and the fallout caused by MON. I'm not sure if we'll get better attendances if Kevin Mac takes the job.

May be a summer holidays thing, the attendance. Think we only got about 36k last year against Wigan too.

May be a summer holidays thing, the attendance. Think we only got about 36k last year against Wigan too.

You could be right mate.

You could be right mate.

And if we keep on playing like this, I don't think there'll be any problems with the attendance.

But have to say I agree with Richard. It's too soon to appoint Mac after one great game. I still want a more experienced manager.

No one wants to appoint KM after just one game,he don't even know himself if he would want a job like this.

the reason so many are so happy today is because the young lions did so well,and because we played some football many not have seen for a long time.

I never went today, i miss very few home games, but O'Neill has had a very negative effect on me..... 5 of my pals have not renewed either, which doesn't help.

many more games like today will be getting the fans back.

Winning is the most important, but the way you win is almost as equally important, that is the bit that gives confidence that the win is not a one-off.

Fans are not fools,when you have been attending for years, you do have an idea whats going on, hopefully.

VERY PREmature to want Kev Mc to get the job full time after one game. What I will say is in this one game he had Villa playing a far more 'Brian Clough' style than the man who has been compared to Cloughie ever did get us to play.

VERY immature to want Kev Mc to get the job full time after one game. What I will say is in this one game he had Villa playing a far more 'Brian Clough' style than the man who has been compared to Cloughie ever did get us to play.

Immature? Think you mean premature :winkold:

VERY immature to want Kev Mc to get the job full time after one game. What I will say is in this one game he had Villa playing a far more 'Brian Clough' style than the man who has been compared to Cloughie ever did get us to play.

Immature? Think you mean premature :winkold:

OOps! haha

Its not like football is this holy grail of secret inside knowledge that can only be obtained by managing in the top flight, KM has managed teams since the early 90's the only thing he'd be new to is the media and a more intense pressure. He knows these players better than anyone, he knows the club better than any of the proposed managers and he has worked under and with some of the best in the business. Its not a reaction after one game its a reaction of knowing KM and the job he has done for many years.

Ridiculously over the top praise for the manager.

Haven't you all seen how many times an internal promotion results in an initial good run ?

We were superb today, no doubt. Would he have started with the 2 kids had others been fit ?Doubt it. Interesting he also did n't think Reo Coker was the best option too.

Credit where it is due, a brilliant performance, but Manager -no thanks.

We want to push on for CL qualification over 38 games, we need a top class proven guy.

Hiddink preferably, but any reasonable Manager - not an untested Youth Team Coach.

Ridiculously over the top praise for the manager.

Haven't you all seen how many times an internal promotion results in an initial good run ?

We were superb today, no doubt. Would he have started with the 2 kids had others been fit ?Doubt it. Interesting he also did n't think Reo Coker was the best option too.

Credit where it is due, a brilliant performance, but Manager -no thanks.

We want to push on for CL qualification over 38 games, we need a top class proven guy.

Hiddink preferably, but any reasonable Manager - not an untested Youth Team Coach.

Totally agree with this.

To my mind, an experienced manager such as Sven or Jol, with K Mac as assistant would be the best way to move forward.

The more i think about it, the more I want Sven.

I think a fairer assessment of KM's abilities would be after 5 or so games, but so far everyone can't help but be impressed.

The thing I would say is that for him to take the job permanently I'd imagine he might prefer to have someone experienced in a Director of Football roll above him which Sven would potentially be ideal for. KM and Sid overseeing the team day to day training and on matchday's and Sven negotiating and scouting new talent.

I think a fairer assessment of KM's abilities would be after 5 or so games, but so far everyone can't help but be impressed.

The thing I would say is that for him to take the job permanently I'd imagine he might prefer to have someone experienced in a Director of Football roll above him which Sven would potentially be ideal for. KM and Sid overseeing the team day to day training and on matchday's and Sven negotiating and scouting new talent.

this, and there is no one better than sven at scouting talent :D