Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever is appointed, I will personally back them 100%.

THIS. All Villa fans have to give the man a chance. Booing isnt going to help matters,

Who's going to boo?

Have you ever been to Villa park. I'll send you directions if you want.

Have you ever in your time heard Villa fans boo a new manager's first game?

**** hell.

Apparantly rumours in Holland are rife that Ronald Koeman is coming to us!! will post a link in a mo!

I posted one a few pages back.

Awful manager :|

But he was watching the tournament in Portugal........although he is an ex Benfica manager

Whoever is appointed, I will personally back them 100%.

THIS. All Villa fans have to give the man a chance. Booing isnt going to help matters,

Who's going to boo?

Have you ever been to Villa park. I'll send you directions if you want.

Have you ever in your time heard Villa fans boo a new manager's first game?

**** hell.

Sorry Warnock, my response was a bit on the shape side.

No, youre right not the first game, but you know how it can get down there when things arent going our way.

Of course I will support the new manager whoever he may be. I wasn't really much of a fan of O'Neil until he joined us. I used to hate his old Leicester team and Heskey in particlar, but they joined Villa and I backed him. I think O'Neil did a good job in turning us around as a team, no fan of his management or play style though.

I want the best for the club and if we appoint the likes of Bradley then we will have stepped back 5 years and I will have to adjust my expectations accordingly. I am just disappointed that the wheels are coming off the Villa wagon so soon and all we have to look forward to is dreary meaningless end of year fixtures with nothing to go for. I will still be there though cheering the boys on as ever.

Koeman is currently the Villa manager in my football manager game...

He's absolutely killing it aswell, 2nd in the league behind me ;) Play purdy football aswell.

Not that it's any reflection of real life but it's an odd coincidence.

And who the **** are YOU managing? :shock:

As proof that I'll read any old rubbish, I've just actually enjoyed reading a Neil Moxley article in the Daily Mail. He makes two points one of which is cogent to the current situation. He says that Kevin Mac is a highly regarded British coach, a Villa man, and the players regard him highly as well. We knew that, but it's good to see the word coming from outside Villa.

The second point he made which perhaps also has some relevence to our current situation is that in retrospect we let Steve Stride leave when we may well have benefitted from retaining his services. I guess this was a Mon driven decision because he demanded full control of all things football.

Imo we lost a safe pair of hands when Steve left. I have heard it said that he is still seen around Villa Park so here's an idea.

What about offering Kevin Mac the job of first team manager and coach until January when the situation could be reviewed, and his position confirmed or terminated depending on results, plus the feel good factor or otherwise at AVFC.

At the same time why not offer Steve Stride the position of Football Operations Manager, to oversee the administration side of football and the day to day nitty gritty of running a football club.

Paul Faulkner could then concentrate on doing what he's best at which is taking an overview and making sure that Randy's instructions are followed to the letter to ensure tighter fiscal control, while acting as a conduit for Randy when he is elsewhere.

Betting suspended on most bookies for bradley, ridiculously odds on with others....

They rarely get it wrong..

Sven was almost odds on favourite yesterday...2 + 2 = 5

*i do think Bradley is gonna be the new gaffer to be honest*