Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

The more I actually think of Sven joining, the more optimistic I become about the new season.

I think he'd do a good job and would possibly attract a couple of 'big' names to Villa Park. Did he also manage City when Ireland was their player of the season? Or was that Hughes?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt mind Sven at all..he has done a brilliant job at evry club he has been at..just ask any supporter to the teams he has managed..they all love him..and no i dont say this cause iam swedish..

100% agree, and its not just because I'm also swedish.

Ajax fan, do you reckon the dynamics will change if you get knocked out of the champions league qualifiers in a few weeks?

I reckon Jol will look at it then and think he can't be arsed with a dutch league season of finishing 2nd to PSV. :winkold:

i agree that sven wouldnt be a bad choice, he did a good job at city, signed some good players, gave youngsters a chance, played good football, and would come 2 us. I doubt we could get anyone else with his record and pedigree.

My only reservation is his uninspiring international record, and the fact most of his success came when he was being backed with money, makes me wonder if hes the best man if we are operating on a budget.

Certainly better than most of the names we are linked with though.

I know nothing about Felix Magath, but according to a few articles online he has been on TV today stating he would love to manage in the Premier League given his grasp of English. Might be a bit of a "come and get me" plea

I think you need to change your username :) How about InSvenWeTrust??

Magath would be a `Good Call`. Just think of all those great German International players he would know all about that Muellered England at the World Cup.

Thomas Mueller springs to mind. Surprise, surprise!

Come on Ze Villa!