Barry Bannan

villianusa

Bannan works hard but his game is made out of a more precious stone. If you set a diamond in a rubbish bin it don't sparkle. Bannan is a raw gem who needs to be cut right and set in its proper display

That is beautiful. If you said that outside Barry's window I bet you would get to see little Barry.

Edited by Raymond
  • Like 1

Makes you sick we've wasted this precious talent and the chance of success just because of our deluded managers over the years. Can you just imagine a front three of Delfouneso, Ethan Moore and Bent with Barry Bannan's world class 'crossing' and playmaking ability sitting in behind and dictating the play. We'd have won the league.

The biggest problem for me is that he hasn't lived up to his potential, despite having the perfect stage to do so. Players like Westwood, Sylla and even Delph have all improved, while Bannan IMO has gone backwards.  Whether that's his fault or the just system we play I don't know, but it might be best for both parties if he did move on.

Westwood, Sylla and Delph's games are based on graft.

Westwood had a great assist to Agbonlahor against Norwich which doubled his transfer value and suggested he could develop beyond graft, but for most of the season his was a simple game.

Bannan works hard but his game is made out of a more precious stone. If you set a diamond in a rubbish bin it don't sparkle. Bannan is a raw gem who needs to be cut right and set in its proper display.

Maybe that can't be at Villa which is why a continental-style team like Swansea would be interested.

Bannan is like a double diamond bottle discarded into the rubbish bin. Why was it thrown in the bin you may ask?

Well for "wee Barry Bannan" this Double Diamond certainly didn't work wonders so don't drink one today! :P 

Also, if Swansea sign Bannan they will be the first team relegated next season.

Is Bannan a Diamond Geezer?

No!

The biggest problem for me is that he hasn't lived up to his potential, despite having the perfect stage to do so. Players like Westwood, Sylla and even Delph have all improved, while Bannan IMO has gone backwards.  Whether that's his fault or the just system we play I don't know, but it might be best for both parties if he did move on.

Westwood, Sylla and Delph's games are based on graft.

Westwood had a great assist to Agbonlahor against Norwich which doubled his transfer value and suggested he could develop beyond graft, but for most of the season his was a simple game.

Bannan works hard but his game is made out of a more precious stone. If you set a diamond in a rubbish bin it don't sparkle. Bannan is a raw gem who needs to be cut right and set in its proper display.

Maybe that can't be at Villa which is why a continental-style team like Swansea would be interested.

Westwood has 6 assists this season? More than Bannan no? 

SSN says that him to Swansea is basically a done deal for £2 million. Good deal for both parties, in Swansea's continental system, Bannan will thrive and we make a good profit on Barry.

Europa League football next season then? Agree that it is the right deal for everyone.

As for the assists, FPL shows Bannan has 3 assists, Westwood 7. Westwood has much more game time than Bannan this season, which will account for some of the different - if not all.

SSN says that him to Swansea is basically a done deal for £2 million. Good deal for both parties, in Swansea's continental system, Bannan will thrive and we make a good profit on Barry.

Europa League football next season then? Agree that it is the right deal for everyone.

As for the assists, FPL shows Bannan has 3 assists, Westwood 7. Westwood has much more game time than Bannan this season, which will account for some of the different - if not all.

Celtic interested as well apparently, Bannan could be a champions league player :P

£2 for him is a good deal... he's never going to make it here. I'm sure part of the reason for Lambert wanting him out is his attitude as well. 

On his best form his crossing and corners are already world class. 

Again, you know I'm not joking because the statistics show this.

The reason why I say it is a good move for Bannan, here he is not going to get the right system to get the best out of him, and he's not going to get the first team experience he needs to improve his in-game decision-making.

The reason why I say it is a good move for Bannan, here he is not going to get the right system to get the best out of him, and he's not going to get the first team experience he needs to improve his in-game decision-making.

It's actually painful reading this nonsense every day, yet I almost look forward to it for comedy reasons - weird.

The game is played on the pitch, not on a PC with numbers and charts/graphs

Bannan, when on the pitch, hasn't been good enough. 

• Like 1

Con, can you post a video of a single "World Class" cross that Bannan made last season please? I need evidence, not statistics, to be convinced otherwise.

If he had the best crosses in the league last season this shouldn't be difficult to find. I think it will because I can't recall a single cross which was any good... however, there must be a pool of them to be chosen from.

The game is played on the pitch, not on a PC with numbers and charts/graphs

Bannan, when on the pitch, hasn't been good enough. 

Sometimes, the simple answers are the best ones. I cannot be bothered to prove him wrong for the 10th time.