Barry Bannan

villianusa

Better perhaps that he talks to the parents of the two boys killed in the McCormick incident.

And has a look at this video clip

This video sent a chill down my spine.

I was stupid enough to drink and drive when I was 18 and crashed my car (luckily just into a central reservation and no one was hurt) and regretted it immediately - I remember being arrested and feeling disgusted with myself (FWIW they had to prove I was over the limit by blood, im not excusing myself but I was nowhere near twice the limit like Luke McCormick) and had let my family and myself down. I was relieved in a way as I knew how easily that could have led to the death of innocent people such as those who died as a result of Luke McCormack's actions.

Seeing that video hits home just how easily you can throw your own life away and ruin the lives of others forever by being a total idiot. Barry Bannan should count himself very lucky not to have killed someone and I hope he has learned his lesson.

This bit confuses me in the bbc news article about his charges;

Mr Bannan, 21, is also accused of driving a motor vehicle otherwise than in accordance with a licence

so what, he didnt have a full license?

No, thought that was well known though, he failed his test in the summer, isnt his intructor Pat Heard ?

It was Weimann that failed, Barry Bannan passed IIRC.

well he must of fauiled, he wouldn't have been charged with driving in accordance if he had passed. Unless he was driving a bus that is !

I think this is just a standard charge they throw at people if they can't produce their licence at the scene of an accident. Doesn't mean he hasn't passed his test and has a licence safely tucked in the drawer back at home.

There is no obligation to carry your licence, you just have to produce it at a police station within 7 days.

But Bannan may have passed in an automatic and was caught driving a manual gearbox vehicle

Given that he is facing four driving charge,s and they relate to motorway driving, is it possible the judge will issue a short custodial sentence or a suspended sentence.

Britain's worst motorway crash in living memory occuring 2 weeks later is hardly likely to work in his favour.

He's a young lad, but at 21 you aint a baby, if a judge sent him down for 6 weeks or so I wouldn't criticise the judge personally.

i wish that the club would just get rid of him, he's awful anyway
Behave. :lol:

he's a disgrace, i'm fed up of youngsters taking huge football clubs for a ride

What he did was wrong but he's a very good player none the less.

Unfortunately it's this attitude that allows these words removed to keep acting like words removed.

Imagine the comments if Heskey or Ireland had done this

Hopefully he'll learn his lesson. I don't really see why we should get rid of him based on this?

A mate of mine reckons it could be similar to what Pennant got, 6weeks to 2 months sentence, out in 3/4 weeks, but on a tag. Along with a hefty fine and driving ban.

I would be surprised. Pennant's wasn't a first offence, for a start. He was caught drunk driving while he was already banned for 16 months. It was no wonder they threw the book at him.

I've seen **** all in bannan to suggest he deserves another chance

Disgrace

agreed, added to the fact that he's an average footballer

Even if he is an average footballer, he's been one of the better players for us this season over the course of the games he's played so far. Technically he is very gifted, now needs to start imposing himself on games more than he does right now.

Disgrace

Well he's been playing in a team with the Fonz for the past 5 years, anyone looks average compared to that once in a lunchtime player?

Stop over-reacting everyone, he **** up as most of us do at sometime in our life. He deserves another chance and I hope he takes it.

So basically 2 users out of all the villa supporters for some reason think Bannan is crap. Alright I'll definitely go against the facts and listen to those two. How stupid do you have to be to want to sit one of our best young players? Those type of people are the ones who support Heskey at CM. I'll take Bannan in my XI over our other CM options every game.

Disgrace

Agreed. Bring back the great Ethan Moore.

Well is he a free agent if he's been released by Cheltenham??

Could be a 'once in a generation' type opportunity' to grab a world class player at no cost whatsoever? Or maybe we can't afford his wages?

And why are we playing that Bent fella when we have a world class finisher in the Fonz sitting in the reserves, he's better than RVP you know and he scores one goal a game. Imagine what a team we 'could' have out on the pitch??

Disgrace

Been our best player a few times this season, aswell as winning MOTM awards at international level, truely average.

Disgrace

Agreed. Bring back the great Ethan Moore.

Well is he a free agent if he's been released by Cheltenham??

Could be a 'once in a generation' type opportunity' to grab a world class player at no cost whatsoever? Or maybe we can't afford his wages?

And why are we playing that Bent fella when we have a world class finisher in the Fonz sitting in the reserves, he's better than RVP you know and he scores one goal a game. Imagine what a team we 'could' have out on the pitch??

:D very funny