Barry Bannan

villianusa

But you must atleast accept that he's been our best performer from midfield when he has played??

possibly but it's hardly an achievement, look at his competition, the likes of herd etc, it's a championship midfield imo, it's a good job we've got a good but overrated keeper in given and the best striker in the league in bent

Just out of interest, why single out Herd?

he's up there with hogg as the worst player i've seen in a villa shirt

Utter horseshit!

why is it? they are championship or league 1 players at best

good but overrated keeper in given and the best striker in the league in bent

In terms of doing what they do, Given is a better player than Bent. And Bent, although I love him and he is my favourite player at the Villa (who else is there..) is not even amongst the top 10 strikers in the Premiership, at least if you asked anyone but Villa fans. Oh you want to know who? Rooney, Aguero, Van Persie, Torres, Suarez, Balotelli, Dzeko, Tevez, Drogba, Berbatov, Hernandez, on the top of my mind. All these can score goals, and all of these are much better at doing other stuff as well. Strikers go through rough patches and you undoubtedly will mention Torres and Tevez in that bracket - however, you always forget to see that is happens for Bent as well. When he is not scoring and is instead missing glorious chances like the ones in the last two home games, you never mention them. Bent is a glorious goalscorer of course, but there is a reason why he plays for Aston Villa and not one of the bigger teams.

He wasn't a shoe in last year at LEEDS !!

says it all really

this

Yet he IS being watched by Arsenal & Man Utd this ... as well as outshining our so called captain and all our other midfielders

Says it all really

good but overrated keeper in given and the best striker in the league in bent

In terms of doing what they do, Given is a better player than Bent. And Bent, although I love him and he is my favourite player at the Villa (who else is there..) is not even amongst the top 10 strikers in the Premiership, at least if you asked anyone but Villa fans. Oh you want to know who? Rooney, Aguero, Van Persie, Torres, Suarez, Balotelli, Dzeko, Tevez, Drogba, Berbatov, Hernandez, on the top of my mind. All these can score goals, and all of these are much better at doing other stuff as well. Strikers go through rough patches and you undoubtedly will mention Torres and Tevez in that bracket - however, you always forget to see that is happens for Bent as well. When he is not scoring and is instead missing glorious chances like the ones in the last two home games, you never mention them. Bent is a glorious goalscorer of course, but there is a reason why he plays for Aston Villa and not one of the bigger teams.

Completely disagree. Bent is a goal scorer. His record over the last four or five years shows this - he is on a par with Rooney and Drogba for goals scored at the top of the list and he has had to play with far inferior teams creating less chances/space.

says it all really

this

Yet he IS being watched by Arsenal & Man Utd this ... as well as outshining our so called captain and all our other midfielders

Says it all really

Who's he outshining? And who says he is ? It's all a matter of opinion

Fact is, look at his stats for this season so far

Petrov

Bannan

N'Zogbia

Albrighton

Ireland

Adam (for Scotland)

If you honestly (and I already believe you only post to wind folks up) believe he hasn't been our shining midfield light this season I'd love to know who has ?

says it all really

this

Says it all really

Hes created almost all of our goalscoring chances this season. He has most the assists and even scored himself having had the bottle to take a penalty that no doubt someone like Gabby, Petrov would be shitting it and have missed.

if we can get 12m for him i would drive ghim by bicycle myslef.

my view is at 21 he has just cracke dthe first team and already he is acting like a knob head. think he is over-rated personally. people comparing him to him like messi.

gimme a break!

If you genuinely believe that we might as well all pack up and go home.

Bannan has been a consistently good performer this season. Also, he is only 21.

Do you not remember the Gary Cahill situation?

says it all really

this

Says it all really

Hes created almost all of our goalscoring chances this season. He has most the assists and even scored himself having had the bottle to take a penalty that no doubt someone like Gabby, Petrov would be shitting it and have missed.

This.

You can't use the stats against a player when they all fall in favour of him...

Okay then; he's our top midfielder for assists (2) and joint top for goals (1 with Petrov, and that's in less game time than him).

I'm... not really sure what point you're trying to make here. :?: