Barry Bannan

villianusa

I'm no Bannan fan but he was man of the match on Boxing Day v us. By some distance.

We've been through this. He sucked arse, but because he hit a post some people think he was amazing. There is 90 minutes in a football match, not 2 seconds.

Capture.jpg

• Like 2

I'm no Bannan fan but he was man of the match on Boxing Day v us. By some distance.

We've been through this. He sucked arse, but because he hit a post some people think he was amazing. There is 90 minutes in a football match, not 2 seconds.

Capture.jpg

Bannan's yellow card knackered the rating.  the yellow card is very punishing in the whoscored weighting system.

Whoscored.com - but Jedinak was awesome on the day. EXACTLY the sort of player we are crying out for this transfer window. He has made more interceptions in the league this season than any other player. Can't play football to save his life but is very very effective.

Bannan's yellow card knackered the rating.  the yellow card is very punishing in the whoscored weighting system.

Weak attempt at discrediting the argument.

Perhaps their weighting system is half the score if you get a yellow card and your surname starts with a B, your first name starts with a B and you have 2 N's in your surname?

Capture.jpg

Edited by AstonMartin82

Bannan's yellow card knackered the rating. the yellow card is very punishing in the whoscored weighting system.

Weak attempt at discrediting the argument.

Perhaps their weighting system is half the score if you get a yellow card and your surname starts with a B, your first name starts with a B and you have 2 N's in your surname?

Capture.jpg

Why didn't you take yellow cards into account when praising Bannan's apparent high scores for us then? Oh yes, it didn't suit. Edited by dodgyknees

Bannan was also excellent in the 1-0 (only one?) loss against Man City. Three opportunities set up on a place that game, weren't taken.

Looks like Pulis made a big error today leaving him on the bench. Penalty missed. 2-0 to Spurs in the second half.

Summary of recent games -

vs Villa (win) 0-1  Bannan plays

vs Man City (loss) 1-0  -  Bannan plays 

vs Norwich (draw) 1-1 - Does not play

vs West Brom (win) 0-2 - Bannan plays

vs Spurs (loss) 0-2 - Does not play

So Palace lose against the strong teams and compete against the weaker teams. Let the London Herald know, it's a bit of a shocker and they could get an exclusive on it.

LOL Whoscored.com ratings.

Use your eyes, it was fairly obvious he was pretty good against us but that isn't saying a lot as we are shit.

Whoscored backup my opinion of him. He was hopeless and Jedinak was awesome.

Still dropped from the Palace starting eleven.

On the bench again today. They are in fact playing a right back in center midfield ahead of Bannan.

It's a Pulis decision.

Bannan played great in the matches he's played recently and the Palace results have been decent with that. 2 Wins, 1 Loss. The loss a simple 1-0 loss to Man City away - of all teams - in a match where he set up 3 clear goalscoring chances.

vs Villa (win) 0-1  Bannan plays

vs Man City (loss) 1-0  -  Bannan plays 

vs Norwich (draw) 1-1 - Does not play

vs West Brom (win) 0-2 - Bannan plays

vs Spurs (loss) 0-2 - Does not play

Get the feeling Pulis never wanted to play him but Bannan was so popular with the fans he could not drop him immediately so had to pretend to give him a chance. Fact is, if you look at the results he took his chance. Pulis just doesn't want to play him.

Bannan has not played well. If you watch the Palace matches in their entirety there is more chance you would understand why he has been dropped.

Pulis gave Bannan his chance and unfortunately he has come up short once again, just like he did at Villa.

To put it simply, the positive aspects of his game do not come anywhere near out weighing his negative aspects. Palace are in a relegation fight and they need strong reliable players. Bannan is not this.

The fact that you are once again resorting to the same argument as you did last season should tell you that you are wrong. Very wrong.

Those whoscored ratings are experimental. You need to look at individual stats. Otherwise things like yellow cards and not being a tackler give you a skewed sense of value to the team. It's possible chance creation should have more weighting in the whoscored ratings.

Also, you don't speak for the Crystal Palace fans even though "your best friend is a Crystal Palace fan." I can read these articles and the Crystal Palace forum and make up my own mind. What I get is that your "friend" is possibly related to Pulis. Very much a tiny minority.

FANS VIEW: Barry Bannan's Crystal Palace omission is 'mystifying'

Read more: http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/FANS-VIEW-Barry-Bannan-s-Crystal-Palace-omission/story-20453523-detail/story.html#ixzz2qlHA9Jah

PALACE fan ALEX WHITE explains why he's disappointed by Barry Bannan's lack of game time recently...

I am mystified about the lack of action Barry Bannan is getting after impressing so much this season. Based on what I have seen, I believe he is one player who can cut it at this level with ease.

The former Villa man certainly seemed to be in Pulis’ good books when he started his regime but has been unfairly dropped, if based on performances alone.

I don’t see Bannan as a wide player but with the recent form of Puncheon and Bolasie, I would be happy to see him out wide again.

I don't think Bannan was ever in Pulis' good books.  Pulis doesn't understand skill football.

I don't go by whoscored ratings, though they do back up my opinion of him. He has been poor in every match I have seen him play in (and I've seen Palace play a number of times this season - LIVE @ Selhurst).

I've also proved in previous posts that being booked does not have a negative impact on the whoscored rating. Would you be able to prove how you know the rating system is "experimental"? Or have you just made this up (again) to suit your argument? (like the yellow card thing).

If football was about selecting the most popular players then football managers wouldn't earn so much as it would be a simple job. Following the crowd and having a sheep mentality might make you feel strong about an argument but the fact is Bannan isn't good enough for a Premier League team. 

Finally, you say look at stats to judge a player? Ok... creative midfield player. 77 games. 5 assists. 2 goals (1 from a penalty). Incredibly poor, especially when you consider he had one of Europes finest on form strikers to supply for a chunk of that.

Con is still making the mistake of directly relating a team's results with one player starting.

I could play 6 games in a row for man city and they'd probably win all 6, even with me being a liability.

If they dropped me and then went to old Trafford and lost that wouldn't reflect on my performances one bit.