Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

Wasn't overly convinced with the signing in the first place.

Has improved with us, would do well to gain the "eye of the Tiger"

needs to be more ascertive in his play to succeed.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if he could get his final ball sorted we'd have a crackin player,,he gets himself in dangerous positions its just that final ball whether being a pass or shot,,havent rated him lately but would realy like to see him get that end product sorted,him on the left at his best and Albrighton on the right we could have a field day against defences and be sortin out GD out

But his final ball is sorted...........from the left!! When he's cutting in from the right it loses the momentum of his delivery and is'nt anywhere near as effective.

Like you say, get him on the left, Albrighton wide right and lets see DB start getting the service we promised him. And if that means waving goodbye to Young and sticking Gabby in the hole then so be it.

if he could get his final ball sorted we'd have a crackin player,,he gets himself in dangerous positions its just that final ball whether being a pass or shot,,havent rated him lately but would realy like to see him get that end product sorted,him on the left at his best and Albrighton on the right we could have a field day against defences and be sortin out GD out

But his final ball is sorted...........from the left!! When he's cutting in from the right it loses the momentum of his delivery and is'nt anywhere near as effective.

Like you say, get him on the left, Albrighton wide right and lets see DB start getting the service we promised him. And if that means waving goodbye to Young and sticking Gabby in the hole then so be it.

do it against blackburn,,Bench Young and play Gabby there with Downin left and Albrighton Right,may aswell start preparing for next season,,Young will start playin to his potential last couple of games end of season just to show likes of manure etc that he is capable of more than just diving

Needs to play on the left. He is rubbish on the right. Good player with lots of ability and who has been one of our if not best players this season.

Was awful yesterday - crap one on one with the keeper, shirks tackles left right and centre and can`t cross.

I agree he needs to get back on left hand side.

Started to warm to him earlier this season but he has regressed.

Not one to rely on in a relegation battle I fear.

I only saw extended highlights on football first and although he should be playing on the left, without doubt. he hardly looked 'awful' yesterday, he was the main threat in all our attacks and constantly driving forward.

and once again missed the target one on one. Young and Downing arent weighing in and if they dont we could be the shit.

I only saw extended highlights on football first and although he should be playing on the left, without doubt. he hardly looked 'awful' yesterday, he was the main threat in all our attacks and constantly driving forward.

and once again missed the target one on one. Young and Downing arent weighing in and if they dont we could be the shit.

No he didn't miss the target, it was saved. He should of scored but missing a chance doesn't make a player awful.

He also hit the post from 20 yards with a great effort. He certainly should of scored his chance but don't make him awful because he didn't.

Awful decision making which he badly needs to work on. Could do with alot of finishing practice too. Can't knock his work rate though.

His 'work rate' when the opposition have the ball is appalling and he is the weak link in the midfield. Those all around me yesterday were bemoaning his lack of work and willingness to help the team when we didn't have the ball.

No he didn't miss the target, it was saved. He should have scored but missing a chance doesn't make a player awful.

He also hit the post from 20 yards with a great effort. He certainly should have scored his chance but don't make him awful because he didn't.

I didnt say he was awful now did I.

Yes you're right he hit it straight at the keeper. When he's not taking chances you've got to ask what does he bring to the table?

Well to be fair he has scored a few this season and he brings more attacking threat than likes of Young, Gabby who are playing at the moment. Pace is extremely good and his crossing, should be on the left though.

No, he's no worse or better than Gabby and Ash. None of them are performing whilst you can argue that none are playing their positions.

I'm not sure about the pace either as Walker overtook him with the ball aginst Fulham in the first half.

Downing is unbelievably quick, under-rated pace wise. The guy can motor when he wants to! Downing might not have scored but I still think he's playing quite well, missing and scoring a chance isn't the difference between

'good and bad'...

We had better enter Walker for the Olympics then. Furthermore he obviously thinks Richardson (Sunderland home game) is quicker because he didnt go near him let alone take him on.

Downing is unbelievably quick, under-rated pace wise. The guy can motor when he wants to! Downing might not have scored but I still think he's playing quite well, missing and scoring a chance isn't the difference between

'good and bad'...

We had better enter Walker for the Olympics then. Furthermore he obviously thinks Richardson (Sunderland home game) is quicker because he didnt go near him let alone take him on.

So are you saying in the Fulham game, that both players were running at full speed? I very highly doubt Downing without the ball would just start running full belt just to stay ahead of Walker.... :? football isn't a race.

So are you saying in the Fulham game, that both players were running at full speed? I very highly doubt Downing without the ball would just start running full belt just to stay ahead of Walker.... football isn't a race.

Yes, we were breaking, both were running from half way in our half, Walker with the ball.

I thought he was alright yesterday.

One thing he's been very good at this season (especially on the right) is making quick runs beyond the left back.

Just wish his finishing was a bit better, he could've dinked it over Kingston yesterday and I remember a similar chance away to Blackburn when he hit it straight at Robinson and another at Sunderland when he hit the post, all from making quick runs beyond the left back.

He could quite easily be on 10 league goals by now.

'good and bad'...

I agree, Downing dosen't have athletic speed like a Gabby or Walker if you like but he is quite fast running with the ball.

Â