Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

The most frustrating thing imo is that we have no replacement as usual. We shouldn't be getting into the position where have to replace the player going out as teams start to drive the price up as they know we're desperate.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Julie you seem quite knowledgeable regarding Villa, do you or your sources have any info regarding players coming in?

No I don't know who we are signing Apart from the obvious links that you've all heard about Given, Parker, N'Zogbia.

I do know some who tweet and text who do have links to the club, but then again they said we were signing Moyes as manager

until things changed. So I take it with a pinch of salt.

Mat Kendrick is pretty reliable but he doesn't ALWAYS get it right neither.

Something has changed today for definite and it wasn't Downing submitting a transfer request because he had been told

it wouldn't make any difference.

Yeah but who told you that his handing in a transfer request wouldn't make any difference?

Don't mean to sound harsh but you do have a habit of trying to pass off tweets as some kind of ITK that you have special access to.

Yeah but who told you that his handing in a transfer request wouldn't make any difference?

From what I've been told who has connections with players and also I think you'll find local journo's have backed up.

I think you'll find if it's rumours off twitter then I always clarify... it's only rumours!!

Do you know what the worst thing is about this? What players of any glass would want to come anywhere near Villa Park right now?

We are an utter joke.

That's why the board has to go. They're turning us into a joke.

There is one good thing to come from this ...... My ITK was 100% correct again :D:D

I believe you said the fee was agreed yesterday (or the day before) :winkold:

Close enough though, I'll let you have this one!

I heard that Liverpool officials were down yesterday with an improved offer and to negotiate the deal. I think it was agreed yesterday, but nothing official announced until today the reason being they wanted downing to hand in a transfer request so no payout from us.

Don't mean to sound harsh but you do have a habit of trying to pass off tweets as some kind of ITK that you have special access to.

Also don't mean to sound harsh as well... but people who ARE ITK don't post information on VT and IN FACT TWITTER even anymore because of the abuse they've had in the past of so called Villa fans!!!

There is one good thing to come from this ...... My ITK was 100% correct again :D:D

Heard anything about a replacement?? ........anything to brighten up this situation?

Unfortunately not. My contact only gets snippets like when Hogg started against Utd last season...

i will see if i can get the fee out of him and news of anyone coming in though...

I know people will be saying how we are a 'selling club' etc...but you have to admit if that is the case, we are bloody brilliant at it. We've made a stupid amount of profit off 4-5 players in a few years, just hope we go and re invest it now.

Also don't mean to sound harsh as well... but people who ARE ITK don't post information on VT and IN FACT TWITTER even anymore because of the abuse they've had in the past of so called Villa fans!!!

I miss MM. :cry:

Do you know what the worst thing is about this? What players of any glass would want to come anywhere near Villa Park right now?

We are an utter joke.

Yeah, its not like the main memeber of our board isnt being charged with money laundering is it, oh wait hang on......

Yeung is a joke.

Lerner is a business man.

From what I've been told who has connections with players and also I think you'll find local journo's have backed up.

I think you'll find if it's rumours off twitter then I always clarify... it's only rumours!!

I don't know but I'm certain Liverpool wouldn't jump from £15m (if true) to a figure of well over £20m in the space of a few days. Sounds to me that Downing handing in a transfer request made a big difference.

I'd imagine the fee of up to £20m is about right.

I believe you said the fee was agreed yesterday (or the day before) :winkold:

Close enough though, I'll let you have this one!

I heard that Liverpool officials were down yesterday with an improved offer and to negotiate the deal. I think it was agreed yesterday, but nothing official announced until today the reason being they wanted downing to hand in a transfer request so no payout from us.

You mean we insisted on not having to pay SD a LOYALTY bonus as part of the deal??!!

Quelle Surprise.. NOT!!

I wonder how many weeks we paid him his no doubt large salary when he couldn't even kick a football, when he first signed?

We are an utter joke.

Yeah, its not like the main memeber of our board isnt being charged with money laundering is it, oh wait hang on......

Yeung is a joke.

Lerner is a business man.

That much may be true, but isn't that the problem? Lerner is a businessman. What businessmen are successful in the Premier League these days? You can't try and balance the books, or make a profit, and be successful. Something has to give.

The ITK's were rightly ridiculed after their part in the managerial disaster.

Maybe we should sell Bent for 35 million then start again with a clean slate and 150 million investment. Houllier would have won us the league with that much.

I know people will be saying how we are a 'selling club' etc...but you have to admit if that is the case, we are bloody brilliant at it. We've made a stupid amount of profit off 4-5 players in a few years, just hope we go and re invest it now.

Yea. Just a shame that so much of that profit is wasted on the managers we hire.

Apparently it's £18.5 rising to £20m with add ons.

Not very much more than £15M though is it really? Don't forget they advertised they were going to spend £100M

the idiots and spent £20M on Henderson?!!!

So the fee for Downing agreed is less??!!... I think not!

Have Liverpool said how much the fee is at all? Liverpool who had to pay how much to get Andy Carroll off Newcastle?

Where did they advertise they were going to spend £100m?

As someone else has pointed out, I think you fancy yourself as abit of an ITK. Stop passing Kendricks tweets and articles off as some sort of inside info. :winkold:

Â