Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Managers needs alot of attributes nowadays, but MON hardly had any. He was good at man management, but his transfer dealings, use of the squad and legacy were all awful. His tactics were very good defensively (despite the odd one where we were exposed through tiredness), but extremely weak in attack thanks to him relying on big men who were shit at scoring. There's also the fact it was rather old and predictable.

I'd say MON is one of the worst modern managers around. He was a much better manager around in the 90's when he didn't have to spend so much to compete and could do it the old fashion way better back then, but now he's out of his depth.

I'd also say Randy is partly the blame for MON wasting money as well. He gave him too much power and should have realised it was getting out of control in 2008, but he didn't do anything until 2010 where we were shafted.

One of the most spot on posts ive read in the main forum for an absolute age.

Why is MoN still on the dole if hes such a good manager?

Looking forward to replies.

waiting for a job he likes and his bank balance allows him to be very picky.

You could say it was a shame he wasnt as picky........

8)

with avfc's bank balance

YEEEEAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't this thread supposed to be about Downing?

The whole main forum may aswell be renamed the "**** off ginger bollocks and randy, come back jimmy 'i got an fa cup medal' milner"

Managers needs alot of attributes nowadays, but MON hardly had any. He was good at man management, but his transfer dealings, use of the squad and legacy were all awful. His tactics were very good defensively (despite the odd one where we were exposed through tiredness), but extremely weak in attack thanks to him relying on big men who were shit at scoring. There's also the fact it was rather old and predictable.

I'd say MON is one of the worst modern managers around. He was a much better manager around in the 90's when he didn't have to spend so much to compete and could do it the old fashion way better back then, but now he's out of his depth.

I'd also say Randy is partly the blame for MON wasting money as well. He gave him too much power and should have realised it was getting out of control in 2008, but he didn't do anything until 2010 where we were shafted.

100% agree.

You know what thats the best post you've ever put on here. I also think we need to give Mcleish time to see if he can be different to MON before slating his tactics etc. Dont get me wrong if hes terrible ill be one of the 1st on here moaning ut surely we have to wait and see. I've a feeling he may be more flexile with subs and signings at least.

You cant really blame Downing for wanting to leave .....?

- Financially refusing to back MON constantly - one of the top PL managers and then come out

- Turning down RAFA as manager

- Reducing players wage bills

- Best other players leave the club Milner and Young....!

Players are not stupid they will not hang around a club that lack financial ambition and live in forcefull pretense of Champions Leaugue dreams.

For all the people that savaged MON - we are about so find out what mediocrity mid table it like again....!

Sorry, did I just read refusing to back MON?

£100 million and a wage bill that surpassed Spurs and was 90% of our revenue.

What a load of shit.

No you did not just read "refusing to back MON"

You read "Financially refusing to back MON constantly"

There is a difference.

One of the main reason why MON quit is because the money from the JM transfer was not going to be spent again. He was then told it was important that the wages were reduced.

With the competition of Man city, Spurs and Liverpool we needed to spend 20 -30 million just to stay in 6 th position.

MON was backed when he was at Villla no doubts about that but not in his last season, hence why I used the word CONSITANLTY.....!

- Financially refusing to back MON constantly - one of the top PL managers and then come out

Players are not stupid they will not hang around a club that lack financial ambition and live in forcefull pretense of Champions Leaugue dreams.

For all the people that savaged MON - we are about so find out what mediocrity mid table it like again....!

What a load of shit.

There is a difference.

One of the main reason why MON quit is because the money from the JM transfer was not going to be spent again. He was then told it was important that the wages were reduced.

With the competition of Man city, Spurs and Liverpool we needed to spend 20 -30 million just to stay in 6 th position.

MON was backed when he was at Villla no doubts about that but not in his last season, hence why I used the word CONSITANLTY.....!

i'm not sure that you did. consistently or consitanlty.

anyway, you can't spend money you don't have. MON wasted money, and we couldn't afford to spend more. he was told to get rid of the players who were on first team money but struggled to make the bench, because it would then mean we could afford to spend more on top players. he didn't do this, so wasn't given the money.

we don't have an endless pot and the board have never insinuated otherwise. we might have "needed to spend 20-30m" but we couldn't afford to throw that sort of money around AND have such a high wage bill. think about how much money was wasted on the likes of sidwell and beye, and what sort of player we could have bought if they weren't on the books.

and it astounds me that some fans don't get this.

What a load of shit.

There is a difference.

Actually you don't know that.

According to tweets from those in the know Liverpool have offered 15 million, but we want more. Not he's not for sale, but you haven't offered enough......

Well General if you are reading this, Randy has said absolutely sod all but you said action speaks louder than words....

We ll if the manager isn't given the Young and Downing money then might I suggest he gets out of our club as soon as possible or at least have the nerve to come out and tell us fans (his customers) what the he'll his plan is because at the moment it looks like closing shop prior to some kind of sale.

:lol:

Let's see when we next finish top 6 for 3 consecutive years. Get a higher points total than mon's last season and have 2 good cup runs.

Played Barry in the middle, top teams wanted him, signed Milner, young and downing and all signed or wanted by top teams.

He made mistakes but he's the best we've had for a long time and will be the best we'll have for a long time

Â