Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The downing one is a strange thing as he was quoted on paper not so long ago as saying he would stay at villa even if we went down as he felt a debt to pay....I believed him too so I would cry if he left now ;p

And as much as I felt a bit betrayed by Milner leaving, I'd have him back in a heart beat as he is a player we need...swap for Young? Blimey I'd even throw in the best head ever if that was the deal!

Someone 'ITK' told me today that there are rumours around the training ground that Downing is off to Liverpool for £17 million and Ashley Young is off to Man City in a deal worth £10 million PLUS James Milner! Obviously these are just rumours but this person has told me stuff in the past that has turned out to be true so I'm not dismissing it completely!

With that being said though I really can't see Milner coming back to be honest!

I think I've dreamt that.

Ash for Milner + £10m would be fantastic. £10m would buy N'Zogbia and I think he would be a step up on Ash from what I have seen this season.

I like Downing but I think we could do a lot with £17m.

Cappello was at the game Saturday, wouldn't shock me if he's had a word with Downing if it comes out that he now wants to leave...Bent did say that Cappello has a word with him before he left Sunderland.

After watching that crap on Saturday it wouldn't shock me if Cappello said to him get a move....We'll see soon though.

Yes he made 3 tackles in the second half saturday, he`s starting to impress

Assuming this is sarcastic (you never know), since when did we judge attacking players only on their defensive capabilities? Does C.Ronaldo make 3 tackles per half?

Downing and Young leaving wouldn't surprise me at all, like when Milner left it was because of this clubs lack of ambition and tr fact that we won't be competing for much. If downing and Ash want to win things they'll have to move.

Yes he made 3 tackles in the second half saturday, he`s starting to impress

Assuming this is sarcastic (you never know), since when did we judge attacking players only on their defensive capabilities? Does C.Ronaldo make 3 tackles per half?

I don`t think you can compare C Ronaldo to Downing, but yes he put in countless tackles recently against Barcelona

Ronaldo does his fair share of tracking back

As does Downing.

My theory goes...

a defender is there to defend, if he scores it is a bonus.

an attacker is there to attack, if he defends it is a bonus.

He isn't going to be the best defender, after all, he has been an attacker for all of his career.

No point trying to knock the player that has been heads and shoulders above the rest of the squad in terms of performances and consistency across the season. I don't care if he hasn't been perfect, hasn't been as good as previous winners, or that he may have won it because other players around him have been poor this season, it is all relevant, at least he was able to show some professionalism and quality to just get on with his game

Downing and Young leaving wouldn't surprise me at all, like when Milner left it was because of this clubs lack of ambition and tr fact that we won't be competing for much. If downing and Ash want to win things they'll have to move.

good luck to em

never won owt for us so wel get over it!! Just like we did with Milner and Barry (who also won us nowt).

Ash will be tough to take cos hes my favourite player but im gettin used to the idea.

Downing may have been one of the best players/the best player this season - but hes been the best player in what has ultimately been a shambolic team

good luck to em

never won owt for us so wel get over it!! Just like we did with Milner and Barry (who also won us nowt).

Ash will be tough to take cos hes my favourite player but im gettin used to the idea.

Downing may have been one of the best players/the best player this season - but hes been the best player in what has ultimately been a shambolic team

That does not make him a bad player though.

He performed well in a poor team, imagine what he could do in a better team, with the players around performing better.

A lot of people say Young's form has dipped because Barry left, it got better when Milner was there and has dipped again since Milner left. This shows that Young needs to be fed. What has Downing been fed this season???Apart from a lot of abuse about his lack of tackling...

good luck to em

That does not make him a bad player though.

He performed well in a poor team, imagine what he could do in a better team, with the players around performing better.

A lot of people say Young's form has dipped because Barry left, it got better when Milner was there and has dipped again since Milner left. This shows that Young needs to be fed. What has Downing been fed this season???Apart from a lot of abuse about his lack of tackling...

No you right, it doesnt make him a bad player but it doesnt make him a gr8 one either. FWIW Id prefer for him to stay but I dont think hes key to success. In all the MOTM performances hes given - how many have been match winning performances??

Â