• Forlan
    • Schweinsteiger
    • Forlan
    • Sneijder
    • Xavi
    • Vittek
    • Other(please name)

Usually this time of tournament the award is given out. Who is everybody's pick

For me Lahm or Villa. Lahm might be surprise but has led this young german team very well.

Its either Schweinsteiger or Villa. No other candidates can match those two for consistency throughout this vuvuezela ruined World cup.

Forlan there twice, was he really that good?

Its either Schweinsteiger or Villa. No other candidates can match those two for consistency throughout this vuvuezela ruined World cup.

Forlan there twice, was he really that good?

1 of them Forlan's was Muller

Schweinsteiger has been immense during this tournament, absolutely quality. Villa has definitely had his fair share of moments and runs him close but Schweinsteiger is out on his own on this one.

Schweinsteiger has been immense during this tournament, absolutely quality. Villa has definitely had his fair share of moments and runs him close but Schweinsteiger is out on his own on this one.
i heard both are off to liverpool.

I went for Sneijder. It was either him or Forlan. They've been 1 man teams but Sneijder gets it because Forlan has had some help from Suarez. The Germans have been too strong all over the place to give it to one individual. Germany are there because of their team play. Netherlands are there because of Sneijder. Seemples. Unless this has become 'team of the tournament' :P

i heard both are off to liverpool.

No they're not. That's just silly.

Other - Rooney

Ok Maybe not. Went for Sneijder Personally. Plays for Holland like Gerrard / Lampard should play for England.

I know Germany have won all the plaudits but Holland have crept through quietly, and unlike Germany, not all of their players are playing brilliantly, so extra Kudos should go to the players who are playing well. For me, Like Forlan at Uruguay, Sneijder has dragged his team through whilst others in the team have failed to shine.

Again, why are people voting before the semi finals have even been played? This thread is a week too early.

In cases like this I treat the thread as a 'player of the world cup to date'.

Lahm has been the most consistent. Schweinsteiger has been brilliant in a couple of games but was pretty appalling against Serbia. Same with Ozil, has looked very good but has also gone missing.

Villa has got crucial goals but I wouldn't say has been amazingly impressive, Spain generally have only just scraped through each game really.

Sneijder has been the stand out attacking player this WC so far, but my vote at the moment is with Lahm. Hasn't put a foot wrong, youngest captain in the competition I believe and is even playing in his second favourite position. He's been faultless.

It's all about consistency for me though. With 2 games to go, my opinion can change quite easily.