Star Wars: The Old Republic

I got on for a bit on Friday night and this morning. Managed to reach level 11 and think it is rather good.

You'll have to let me know what server you're going on when it's released and I'll hop on that one too.

just made it to the capital city of the sith, dromund kaas, wow i have to say it's the best looking capital ive seen in any mmo so far

i can imagine the republic capital looks even better too

yes im up for that matt, you want to go republic or sith?

Been playing a Smuggler for the Beta Weekend and I'm up to level 10. Just left for Coruscant. Probably won't get my ship before the beta closes. But I'm quite fond of it so far. Might even have to buy it on release. :)

Got to lvl 17 as a mercenary(bounty hunter)got my ship (comes from your class storyline) not sure as a whole about the game the quests are brilliant but its hard to judge how good the overall game is at such a low level.

just felt sommat was missing.

I played for a few hours this weekend, just played most classes up to about 6 to get a flavour of their abilities and story. For me trooper and smuggler were the most fun, my brother is going trooper so that leaves me smugglin'. Only thing is the cover mechanic is a bit clunky, when its cool its very cool but with any lag it doesnt work.

It is very much like wow but the story is much better. One of my problems with wow when raiding was asking why are we here- who is this monster, whats his background- nothing was explained properly! So looking forward to the rpg elements.

As an aside it was a total bitch to install- it corrupted so I had to download12gbs twice!

Hmmmm, did you actually play it?

There is much more of a story than WoW and you actually know why you are doing things. Plus there is a conversation system like the one used in DA and ME. That adds a lot to the game in my opinion.

Plus the PvP is different. There are nice ideas in that respect.

Sure, it's a typical MMO, yet so is WoW. Let's not act like WoW was an original game.

SWTOR is similar in mechanics to WoW (and every other MMO), yet it builds on them in my opinion. The conversation system and light side/dark side choices are a good start to being different in my opinion.

Oh and I'm fine with Sith or Republic as I can always role the other anyway on another server.

There is much more of a story than WoW and you actually know why you are doing things. Plus there is a conversation system like the one used in DA and ME. That adds a lot to the game in my opinion.

Sure, it's a typical MMO, yet so is WoW. Let's not act like WoW was an original game.

SWTOR is similar in mechanics to WoW (and every other MMO), yet it builds on them in my opinion. The conversation system and light side/dark side choices are a good start to being different in my opinion.

Oh and I'm fine with Sith or Republic as I can always role the other anyway on another server.

You can play both factions on the same server

You can play both factions on the same server

I know you could on the beta, but will you 100% be able to do this when it is actually released?

if we could get 4 or more of us playing on the same server, we should all pick different classes to compliment the group quests/flashpoints

if we were playing sith id prefer to play as a SI or a bounty hunter but id play any class if it meant we were all different

maybe get 4 of us (minimum) that are likely to stick around on the game and sort it out from there :)

Are there actually any retailers selling the Collectors Edition? I've been redirected from the official website but none of the online webby's have it in stock. You get a few freebies by the looks, looks alright!

Â