Star Wars: The Old Republic

I can't frigging wait for this game to be released. Bioware is the best! Oh and by the way it's going to kick WoW's arse.

I have heard this numerous times and there has still yet to be an mmo that has been better than WoW. Sure this could be a WoW killer, yet I highly doubt it.

I will probably give it a go though, as I have done with a few others. The last one (Aion) turned out to be poor overall. We shall see, although I am looking forward to this game too. I just don't think it will be better than WoW...

Aye, it's always the same spiel you hear about any new MMORPG. It's the new 'Warcraft killer' etc etc.

Well, after Vanguard, Aion, Warhammer, Age of Conan, LOTR Online etc nothing has ever come close (and yes, I have played them all).

Mind you, after finally quitting WoW for the last time recently when I deleted all three level 80's, threw the disks away (extreme I know) I really don't want to get sucked into another MMORPG. Unfortunately, as I'm a bit of a SW fanboy I'll probably end up getting it (decent reviews withstanding).

Oh and by the way it's going to kick WoW's arse.

I seriously doubt that.

Indeed, WoW is much too big to have it's arse kicked by anything except WoW 2.

As long as I can find a server with a decent community I'll be happy.

Does such a thing exist in MMO's?

Mind you, after finally quitting WoW for the last time recently when I deleted all three level 80's

You could have gotten some good money for those characters.

I would have felt hypocritical doing that to be honest. I've always hated gold selling/people buying accounts etc.

Mind you, after finally quitting WoW for the last time recently when I deleted all three level 80's

You could have gotten some good money for those characters.

I would have felt hypocritical doing that to be honest. I've always hated gold selling/people buying accounts etc.

Fair enough, but I got £120 for my 80 and a 70.

Even if a new MMORPG is seriously good, it's going to find it nearly impossible to break WoW's domination. The one thing Star Wars has in its favour, is that it has a huge natural fan base, so if they can release something half decent that is playable straight away and isn't full of bugs, it may stand a chance of lasting the course. The trouble with the other games listed, is that in most cases, they were a) shit, and B) full of bugs, so that the few initial subscribers they did get didn't stay with it, which means they didn't get the steady income stream needed to continually develop the product. I bet the WoW offices in Paris are bigger than a small town these days!

Star Wars has already had one MMO which failed spectacularly though. I'm sure The Old Republic will be profitable, but I just cant see it competing with WoW in terms of popularity.

I'm not sure why so many people obsess with finding a possible 'WOW killer' there were many MMMORPG'S long before Wow and there will be after but of course its pretty apparent there are Mmorpg players and Wow players and the Wow players get themself confused with what type of player they are.

I think SWTOR will do well but i personally hope it dosnt go to commercial and simplify the game.

• 1 month later...
Â