Star Wars: The Old Republic

Going through with getting this myself so I decided.

I was just roaming through TOR forums and as expected the servers are congested. I was going to grab myself a digital copy but they're unavailable--somehow? Must have ran out of keys or something.

Is it quicker to download the game via the disc? I've just started downloading the client directly off the website and it's going slow as ****. Going down town in a bit so I'll go pick it up along with a validation key...

This is **** me off now. I've been installing the client all day, thinking it wouldn't take so long now but when you think it's finished installation it's installing something else. I've got the discs but think it's pointless UNINSTALLING the thing to risk throwing the discs in to find out it's gonna take another few hours. Okay it'll be quicker but how much quicker. Not worth it. Got to go to work at 9 so I'm going to get nothing in tonight now by the looks. I just wish it'd tell you how much overall is left of the download, not stupid little percentages at a time.

I cannot actually believe I'm getting wound up already over the game and I haven't even played it yet. **** me...

First impressions are very positive.

After about 7 hours play last night it's all looking good at the moment.

The two main differences to most MMO's that stand out so far are the storyline and the quest cut scenes. They definitely make you feel more involved with the overall story and there's more than a hint of Mass Effect 2 in there (which is no bad thing).

The combat, although very similar to the classic MMO keybind setup is also very satisfying, but I think that's mostly down to the fact that I'm runnning around with a laser gun and not a fireball/sword for a change.

A good start.

Just played around 3 hours straight after waking up and absolutely loving it. When I got RIFT I didn't enjoy it to be precise even though I set my hopes high for it.

This however is different. I think my passion for Star Wars in general might have something to do with it :P , but just in general the whole concept is fantastic. I love the interactive story-telling for your quest-lines. It's received quite a bit of stick and criticized for being too 'single-player' but I love it. It's just like reading the text off log on WoW in theory. Quests have been enjoyable so far, and I admire the 'bonus' quests you get during some mob quests too.

I hope this game is up there!

Just to note, I don't believe it'll touch WoW but I hope and expect it to be up there.

I saw somebody on general asking what the difference between red and blue lightsabers were earlier, so it's even pulling in people who have no knowledge of Star Wars...

its great, its like a much better and modern version of wow, with a lot of nice little touches to it

all depends on if end-game is good, this is the last mmo im probably going to play as if this doesnt make it none of them will IMO

Never rule out Guild Wars 2.

Goddamn right.

If their full on MMO is half as good as their CORPG it will be a massive hit.

The art design looks especially beautiful, add in the the bonus of it being no-subscription will no doubt attract a wealth of players.

Hi gang,

this is my first MMO and I went at it with a vengeance - snapping up a Collectors Edition on pre-order. After having a fine time on early access (played from 15th December to 21st December), I am now in the queue to register my box set (it came today) and setting up the subscription.

As I said, this is my first MMO of this kind. I love the game. I am playing a Smuggler (Brae Fentos) and currently at level 13, waiting to get on the shuttle to Coruscant and hoping to finally get my starship.

I am a member of the Red Five guild and we play on a US (EST) server called Kellers Void. Look up Braefentos for some 'up the Villa' comradeship.

Not done any PvP in it yet - scares me to death with all you MMO veterans.

http://www.redfivegamers.com/forums/

I envy you if its your first MMO. For me this is a great game, but I doubt I'll get the same sense as when I played WOW back in the day.

I would try PVP too, dont worry about jerks or people moaning, this is a new game and everyone needs to learn what to do on the stages. After a few goes on each you'll get an idea of what to do. if in doubt follow the crowd and aoe the other side :-)

Just remember to put pvp abilities on your hotbar (stuns, escapes quick attacks primarily).

Level 26 now and having great fun doing the 2 man heroics with my brother. The level of difficulty suits me much better than WOW atm.

Ahto City is fuller than a fat birds shoe at the moment and has been for a few days. I've rolled an alt on a quieter server so I can get some gametime in.

Absolutely class game. Love Huttball!

Having a laugh aren't you? I just checked my play time and I've played 21 hours, yet only level 16. How the **** does that work? I've been on all morning and advanced 1 level. A large chunk of that was taken up by an instance I didn't have a clue was. I solo'd it easy but didn't get XP because the mobs were all well under my level until the boss which I had to leave the dungeon to ask for help. At the end of it I got a pathetic 1000xp.

Had a go at my first spaceship shooting mission thing, failed that so going back to quest line. Still loving the game yes, but seeing people far higher level than me and playing the same amount of hours is worrying.

I need a break.....

Â