Star Wars: The Old Republic

Yeah I wonder how they will implement it.

Will you be able to fly into space from a planet and freeroam, fighting people you come across or will it be WoW battleground style where you have to load a specially designated battle area?

Hopefully the former. Being restricted to a certain area would suck.

• 10 months later...

I reckon its going to be massive- imagine the marketing budget when they push those high quality trailers out. The last wow expansion totally turned me off mmo's but the last trailer and memories of kotor have got my interest. Whats best guess of release? Christmas?

Most people think August/September because of all the big games coming out around November/Christmas time.

A lot of sources are saying the game is done and Bioware are just polishing now. Bioware themselves are adamant it will be released in 2011.

• 1 month later...

The Collector's Edition details of this dropped recently, usual kinda thing, premium box, statue, in game bonus stuff, nothing too special...

...it's £130. Guess Star Wars is a licence to print money because that will sell like hot cakes regardless.

£45 for a digi copy?! ....The ****!?

Cataclysm was around £10 more expensive as a digital copy if I remember correctly. This is only £5 more than it costs from Amazon for an actual copy of the game. Not the end of the world and it should mean that it can be installed before launch. Plus it comes with early access.

Any of the old WOW crew up for this? Me like

It's a high profile MMO so I'll definitely be making a purchase.

Although I am looking forward to Guild Wars 2 more...

• 3 weeks later...

Currently watching a live gameplay demo of this at Gamescon (a stream - I'm not there) and in my opinion, it doesn't look very good at all to be honest. I'm seeing WoW with a Star Wars license. Guild Wars 2 looks infinitely more interesting.

I'm not the market for this because MMORPGs do absolutely nothing for me and I'm not a Star Wars nut, but that was pretty much my reaction whenever I've seen clips of it. It's WoW, with Jedis.

A lot of the talk I've seen of people that have played it has been lacking a little enthusiasm for it too.

It's WoW, with Jedis.

A lot of the talk I've seen of people that have played it has been lacking a little enthusiasm for it too.

Will Tattooine chat replace Barrens chat? Has Anyone seen Uncle Mankirik, sorry, Owen's wife?

As someone put it on eurogamer. "Great, more mindless grinding, but this time for a new Sith hat!".

• 2 months later...
Â