Star Wars: The Old Republic

Hi folks,

still smuggling (gunslinger) on Coruscant and trying to track down the tw@ who stole my starship (Skavak). By doing all the questing missions offered (currently struggling with a heroics into a shop!!) I have reached level 17 and I am totally immersed in it. This is going to provide a lot of fun for a lot of time into the future.

Anyway - I look around and see people on higher levels and fair play to them. No shame in going at your own pace, even if you have put in the hours and think you should be further on... I know some people in our guild (Red Five - on the Kellers Void server US EST) have advanced levels quickly and not taken all of the missions on offer. They are now going back to do them, but I guess at a reduced rate of XP?

Had a fine session last night (over 4 hours in one go) - and I spotted someone who appeared to be a Villa fan roaming around Coruscant. I believe he was a Republic Trooper of some descriptioon and his toon name was... wait for it... 'Bannan.' We exchanged greetings and he confirmed that his toon name was Villa related, which was nice.

Anyhow - look me up on Kellers Void if you fancy a bit of group questing. I'm always up for a bit of ultra-violence in the 'heroic' style.

I believe he was a Republic Trooper of some descriptioon and his toon name was... wait for it... 'Bannan.' We exchanged greetings and he confirmed that his toon name was Villa related, which was nice.

Don't tell me, he tried to shoot, and missed?

Level 50! :o

Oh by the way, what machine's are you all running this game on? I put a NVIDIA 9600 in my PC last night because the one before, 8600 I believe, was awful. I could only run the game on low graphics--medium at a push but as soon as I hit a heavy populated area full of players or mobs the game was practically unplayable.

I'm going to have to invest in a few new parts I think, the 9600 isn't much better.

Back to in-game, I've landed in Taris and must say it's the best planet I've been on so far! So much more open spaced with more scenery. :)

I'm getting withdrawal symptoms from this. Haven't been able to play for a couple of weeks as I'm away from my computer. I'll be back online on Monday night though and ready to continue.

It ran smoothly for me in the beta and has done since early access began too. I'm running it on a two year old system (or perhaps just over) with a quad core (forgot the speed although apparently this game uses multiple cores), 8gb RAM and a Radeon 4850.

Taris is okay yes - some really nice music in the background adds to the eerie atmos experienced there. I have found it to be a 'long' planet i.e. lots of missions and mission extenstions. The heroic missions are quite interesting and daunting too, so be warned. Pesky Rakghouls...

I am up to Level 22 Gunslinging Smuggler now, having finally got my ship back during my character's 'end game' on Coruscant.

Loving the experience at the moment.

My PC is an 'Acer Predator' gaming tower. I do not know the natural spec for it, but this can be looked up. If you are into games, a gaming PC is always going to be the way forward. Sacrifice your season ticket and maybe you can upgrade....

• 2 weeks later...

You did hit 50 quite fast so I'm not surprised that you have stopped playing. I'm in no rush to hit 50 and am taking my time.

I haven't had much chance to play it lately but I'll stick around for a few months to see how it goes. Great game thus far.

Phumfeinz - that's a shame chap...

It has completely bowled me over I have to say and I maybe hooked on it. So many more late nights than I am used to... I am still only Level 28 (and 1/4) and having my second dip at Coruscant with my Smuggler. Being mad on SW, it is something that I 'have' to do. That said, the universe in which TOR is based upon seems so much more technologically advanced than what you see in Episodes 4, 5 and 6. I guess that is meant to be the dark times of the Empire taking everyone 'backwards.' Maybe 4, 5 and 6 will be re-made one day...

As stated previously, this is my first MMO and I am still enjoying. Sorry to see you go Phumfeinz... Happy hunting - wherever you go next.

You did hit 50 quite fast so I'm not surprised that you have stopped playing. I'm in no rush to hit 50 and am taking my time.

I haven't had much chance to play it lately but I'll stick around for a few months to see how it goes. Great game thus far.

So the crazy leveling addicts haven't ruined the game, I take it?

I'll probably be cancelling my sub after the initial month is finished too.

Very good game, very polished and well put together but at the moment it lacks that certain 'it' that would keep me subscribing every month.

Having said that I'm 99% certain I'll be returning as the game develops/progresses along the line. I've no doubt it will be around for a good while.

I am aware from the OS for SWTOR that there is a whole gamut of new content to be drip released to help justify the subscription that people need in order to play the game. That's fine with me, and just what I expect. After I have levelled my Smuggler, I will go back and do a Jedi... and then a Trooper and so on. Lot's of fun with just levelling and simple grouping to do the 'heroic2 and 4' missions.

Then... there is the spectre of PvP - that looks as though that will take off too.

For my subscription, I feel like I am getting excellent value for money such is my engagement with the game. The same cannot be said for The Villa, which feels like a big rip off since MON walked out. But there are enough threads on that matter elsewhere on this site.

I'm still enjoying the game, but then again I'm still only a measly level 24. I still can't get my head around how you hit 50 so quick? :S

Anyway, I started falling out of love with my Jedi Guardian so rolled a Sith Sorcerer and must admit I enjoyed it. Got him to about level 13 then remembered the only way is Jedi! First character has to be maxed out first...

Don't know about you guys but my server gets less populated day by day. Going to areas like Nar Shaada and there's 15 people on around 7-8pm? Ridiculous considering the amount of Heroics you get given. I also found out I'm on a 'Scandinavian server', not sure if that might be why.

Â