Who will top the group?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who will top the group?

• Spain
    • Switzerland
    • Honduras
    • Chile

World Cup 2010: Spain Striker David Villa Wary Of Chile Threat

The prolific hitman has pointed out that Chile won't be pushovers...

By Stefan Coerts

Jun 7, 2010 9:55:00 AM

Reigning European champions Spain start the 2010 World Cup as one of the big favourites to lift the trophy after the final on July 11, but striker David Villa has emphasised that the Spaniards shouldn't underestimate any opponents.

"We could have been drawn against theoretically tougher opponents in the group phase, but they’re still going to make life difficult for us," Villa was quoted as saying on the FIFA website.

"We don’t know much about Honduras, but they’re a solid unit and deserved to reach the World Cup. Switzerland are young, dynamic and play a more European style.

"In my view, Chile are the most dangerous group rivals, given their great performance in South American qualifying. They’re a very compact team, very competitive and also very dangerous going forward.

"Ideas like 'Spain play nice football but go home early', 'they think they’re champions before the tournament even starts' and 'Spain are unlucky in penalty shoot-outs' are a thing of the past after Euro 2008. And I think that will remain the case for many years to come."

No they won't be pushovers, and I hope they beat spain :-)

Spain beat Poland 6-0 yesterday, Iniesta was amazing until he got injured. :(

Hopefully it's not serious.

Goals from that game.

The second goal is one of the best goals I have seen in my entire life. If Spain play like that, the rest of us might as well pack up and go home now.

It was a fantastic goal Rev but it's important to note that in no way were Poland going anywhere near full throttle. Watch their defenders. They stand off them and allow them to play around them. I'd say it's a fair bet they were warned not to injure anyone.

A lot of people think that Brazil 1982 were the best team ever, dont they?

One of my favourite teams in the WC

Socrates, Zico, Eder, Junior, Falcao..........talented bunch and should have won it in '82 but their defence let them down

And them who said yesterday that Honduras are piss poor, they still beat Mexico 2-0 last year in the World Cup qualification

so not that bad :-)

but thats when Mexico is in chaos.

Why do you hate Spain so much? :cry:

Why do you hate Spain so much?

Because so many love them, in way like Man U.. tired of the Spanish wank party :-)

and because we here in Denmark have some bad memories about Spanish football ;-(

Ok thats fair enough. Thought it was personal.

Forgot you guys have history. I remember 1993 when they beat you and we qualified for USA94 :D

Â