The New Condem Government

bickster

Gove really doesn't have much of a clue. I'm convinced that if he was forced to take a calculus test, no more than A level Maths standard, he'd fail by very wide margin.

I doubt any Tory would pass, all you have to do at Eton is suck off the right prefect or whatever and you're handed a cabinet position.

Yeah Eton is world famous for producing dunces :eyesrolling:

I suspect Gove is smarter than anyone on here truth be told , that doesn't necessarily make him qualified to run a government department but to suggest he is a thickie is just plain dumb

Govt pledging extra 375 mill to fight Global Hunger

What about the UK citizens at home having to rely on foodbanks to get a meal

Some food banks are now making up two different types of food parcel.  One for people who still have access to power to cook with, and one for those who don't.

Dave's excuse for not tackling the problem of people having to use food banks always seems to be "You shouldn't sneer at people using food banks!" whenever questioned about it at PMQs. Nobody is sneering, the point is nobody should have to use them.

• Like 1

As the days go by, my contempt for Gove grows and grows. Not for any particular reason, but when I wake up, I'm instantly reminded of how much I hate him. He's the first thing I see when I get up and the last thing I curse before I go to bed.

Michael Gove.

I hate you.

Any rational reason for this hatred ?

He's never had a job in education in his life. Yet he thinks that he is best suited to make 'the biggest changes to education in years'. Teachers already have a tough job and literally cannot win, so making it even harder when you have absolutely no basis to do it just makes me so angry.

I agree that education needs some reform. There's a lot of shite teachers who are impossible to sack, but to punish the whole profession is just wrong on so many levels.

i have to disagree with this. No one in the labour cabinet had ever been in the armed forces, yet they sent troops into war twice. So should only people involved in education make changes to education, if so should only those who have served in the military be allowed to vote if we are to go to war.

I'll let somebody else answer this because I don't think I could answer without getting irate.

But I don't like how you picked out half of my answer. The 2nd sentence completely changes the meaning of the bolded.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Right I'm going to have a pop at answering without getting irate. Wish me luck.

First and foremost, your example was terrible. Going to war was a terrible decision.

And you quoted my bolded bit without even mentioning the 2nd bit, in which I mention 'the biggest changes to education in years'. For somebody who has never worked in education to think he knows best in making sweeping changes in just ridiculous. How could he possibly know the good TA's good in the classroom (for example)? He spouts nonsense about exams getting easier, but if the children don't do well in their exams then the teaching isn't good enough. How do you think that makes teachers feel? If their classes do well, the exams are too easy and if they do badly, they've done a shit job.

Gove is completely out of touch, then feels as if he is qualified to make massive sweeping statements about the state of education. How can you make all these changes if you've never taught in a classroom in your life? If you're the education minister with no experience within education, but you don't tell the people who actually know what they're on about that they're doing a terrible job, then you're okay with me. But Gove doesn't do this. He's made enemies of all 3 main teaching unions and now he has received public heckling from the union of headteachers. Headteachers (usually) are extremely conservative in viewpoint, so to get attacked by such a large percentage of them (99.3% AFAIK) shows that YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE DOING.

Obviously reform is needed, but he's attacking completely the wrong people within the profession. 

On numerous articles on his policies, you see stuff like 'Marxist lefties' when talking about teachers, but don't you think they have far more important things to concentrate on? This Tory government seems to be obsessed with trying to make us hate the professions that keep the country running. First nurses, now teachers. And it drives me mad.

Not all Tory policy is bad. I'll be benefitting from their First Buy scheme soon, but as long as they keep employing such out of touch and arrogant, soulless leeches in high end positions taht will DIRECTLY AFFECT PEOPLE'S LIVES, they're going to be seriously unpopular.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

I'll let somebody else answer this because I don't think I could answer without getting irate.

But I don't like how you picked out half of my answer. The 2nd sentence completely changes the meaning of the bolded.

i stand by my point though. It seems, to me anyway, that your point is, a person who has had  no involvement in education should be involved in education reform. Fine, but by that argument, no one who has not been involved with the armed services should be allowed to vote in whether our troops go to war. 

i stand by my point though. It seems, to me anyway, that your point is, a person who has had  no involvement in education should be involved in education reform. Fine, but by that argument, no one who has not been involved with the armed services should be allowed to vote in whether our troops go to war.

I agree and as I don't want a miltary junta in power, we'd never start a war

• Like 1

I agree and as I don't want a miltary junta in power, we'd never start a war

i agree

The Education system does need a massive overhaul but not in the way Mr Gove thinks, It needs to break away from the indoctrination of kids and teach them things to make them into free thinking free minded capable adults. Unfortunately this goes against what is good for the government and the big financial entities which influence it.

All Mr Gove is proposing is to apportion blame, for a system that is designed to achieve what it does, to the professionals who work in the system, then tinker with it under the guise of ground breaking reform whilst making no changes of merit

Edited by mockingbird_franklin

Â