The New Condem Government

bickster

As the days go by, my contempt for Gove grows and grows. Not for any particular reason, but when I wake up, I'm instantly reminded of how much I hate him. He's the first thing I see when I get up and the last thing I curse before I go to bed.

Michael Gove.

I hate you.

Any rational reason for this hatred ?

He's never had a job in education in his life. Yet he thinks that he is best suited to make 'the biggest changes to education in years'. Teachers already have a tough job and literally cannot win, so making it even harder when you have absolutely no basis to do it just makes me so angry.

I agree that education needs some reform. There's a lot of shite teachers who are impossible to sack, but to punish the whole profession is just wrong on so many levels.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

As the days go by, my contempt for Gove grows and grows. Not for any particular reason, but when I wake up, I'm instantly reminded of how much I hate him. He's the first thing I see when I get up and the last thing I curse before I go to bed.

Michael Gove.

I hate you.

Just guessing here, but could it be to do with his smugness, his superciliousness, his dismissive condescension of people doing far more worthwhile jobs than his, his transparent sucking up to and arse-kissing of anyone likely to offer him a bigger job, his stupid and destructive put-downs of teachers, his evident self-love, his crawling up the foetid arse of the deathly Rupert, and his clear leadership in the contest of "last human being I would ever want to share a desert island with"?

Or might it be his less attractive and endearing qualities?

Quite brilliantly put.

• Like 1

if people didn't know Gove was a tory, but somebody gave any random 1 minute clip of Gove and canvassed opinion, 97% of people would guess tory

he comes from a proud tradition of deliberately divisive self adoring arseholes

• Like 2

Poor Nadine.  It must be horrid, having members of the public demanding to know one's tax affairs.

It's a private matter, after all.  Tax secrecy is the secret of the country's greatness, I hear.

Nadine Dorries faces 'I'm A Celebrity fee' inquiry
_68045198_-15.jpgMs Dorries has said that when she receives a fee she will declare it according to Commons rules

Tory MP Nadine Dorries is facing a inquiry from the parliamentary commissioner for standards.

The probe is understood to concern her fee for her autumn appearance on ITV's I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here.

A spokesman for commissioner Kathryn Hudson said she had decided to pursue a complaint received earlier this week.

Ms Dorries, who recently suggested she had not yet received an appearance fee and would obey Commons rules if she did, said she was being "hounded".

The Conservative MP has yet to declare any fee from the reality TV show in the Commons register of members' interests.

In a recent appearance on the BBC's Sunday Politics programme, Ms Dorries said she had not "personally" benefited from going into the jungle.

She said she had a company and added: "When I benefit personally from that I will have to declare it to the register."

Companies House records show she became a director of a limited company called Averbrook in October last year, shortly before going onto the show.

In response to the complaint, Ms Dorries told BBC political correspondent Ross Hawkins: "I'm a backbencher not a minister. My personal finances are my business and nobody else's and if I choose to take money from the company then I will declare it immediately to the standards commissioner."

Later, she took to Twitter to add: "If I haven't declared anything, it's because I haven't earnt anything. I must be the most hounded MP in parliament.

"Journalists, when the standards commissioner concludes the investigation and says there was no case to answer, will you give it prominent coverage?"

The Conservative Party suspended Ms Dorries following her TV appearance, but reinstated her last month.

Of course, there are many more corrupt than poor "Mad Nad".

Michael Gove.

I hate you.

Just guessing here, but could it be to do with his smugness, his superciliousness, his dismissive condescension of people doing far more worthwhile jobs than his, his transparent sucking up to and arse-kissing of anyone likely to offer him a bigger job, his stupid and destructive put-downs of teachers, his evident self-love, his crawling up the foetid arse of the deathly Rupert, and his clear leadership in the contest of "last human being I would ever want to share a desert island with"?

Or might it be his less attractive and endearing qualities?

Quite brilliantly put.

I seem to recall he appeared on QT the other month and was quite well received by the audience , indeed there were even a few comments in here from the neutrals that he had "won" the debate , for want of a better word

So like I said any " rational" reasons

...indeed there were even a few comments in here from the neutrals that he had "won" the debate , for want of a better word

From what I can see on the this thread, Page 403, that's a rather lopsided view of things. ;)

Edited by snowychap

Meh... There are 3 positive posts from Chris, privateer and coda and even Jon's contains faint praise in a arse about face way

More importantly Drat isn't on page 403 calling him odious ... So that has to be a victory in itself :mrgreen:

Edited by tonyh29

I seem to recall he appeared on QT the other month and was quite well received by the audience , indeed there were even a few comments in here from the neutrals that he had "won" the debate , for want of a better word

So like I said any " rational" reasons

My rational reasons were right there.

He's never had a job in education in his life. Yet he thinks that he is best suited to make 'the biggest changes to education in years'. Teachers already have a tough job and literally cannot win, so making it even harder when you have absolutely no basis to do it just makes me so angry.

I agree that education needs some reform. There's a lot of shite teachers who are impossible to sack, but to punish the whole profession is just wrong on so many levels.

Yet he appeared at the NUHT conference 'the other month' and was heckled off the stage, as well as receiving a vote of no-confidence from every teaching union. But obviously a few armchair politicians on QT know best.

Also:

So it appears Messrs Gove and Osborne have put their heads together and come up with a way to save £4bn from the education budget byphasing out the 232,000 teaching assistants (TAs) in the country.

This is the idea contained in a report by think tank Reform which says government ministers should support headteachers who reduce the amount of TAs and allow class sizes to rise. More money would be available to swell the size of teachers' salaries and make 'quality' teaching count.

It would be a bit like proposing that the NHS runs without any nurses; there would just be more doctors on the wards getting frustrated because they are not able to get on with the job they were trained to do. And more nurses on the dole queue. And more patients not having their basic needs cared for. What a picture...

Every teacher in this country knows the value of a good teaching assistant. They are not a 'mums' army' of classroom helpers as the Daily Mail patronisingly calls TAs; they are professionals who are trained to support the learning of the students and facilitate the teacher doing the very thing they are trained to do – teach.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/teacher-network/teacher-blog/2013/jun/07/phasing-out-teaching-assistants-schools

:bang:

Edited by StefanAVFC

I look forward to a future of obese children in overcrowded classrooms reciting the dullest Victorian poetry in a dreadful monotonous drone, while the teacher/doctor/accountant will sit at the front of class stroking a little framed picture of Sir Michael Gove.

Don't forgot that since TA's have been abolished, less able children can't be worked with in a smaller group so they're not left behind and no work actually done in the classroom will contribute to the final mark.

I look forward to a future of obese children in overcrowded classrooms reciting the dullest Victorian poetry in a dreadful monotonous drone, while the teacher/doctor/accountant will sit at the front of class stroking a little framed picture of Sir Michael Gove.

Don't forgot that since TA's have been abolished, less able children can't be worked with in a smaller group so they're not left behind and no work actually done in the classroom will contribute to the final mark.

I thought the Tory policy was that slow children and Northerners should not be given an education as it will only give them aspirations?

• Like 1

my 403 comment only goes to show:

i) how poor the opposition is

ii) I am truly the epitomy of neutral and shouldn't be lumped in with the usual lefty bunch on here

Gove's desired style of teaching was a disaster for me when I was a kid. Surely the reality is that different methods work on different pupils and we need a flexibility of approach. For me personally, I left school with o level art, o level english language and a dislike for pervy PE teachers. I went to college where timekeeping was more flexible, no uniform and no chanting tables of verbs by rote or whatever and I turned into the fine educated prosperous politically neutral beauty I am today.

I do find it 'odd' that the current policy of free schools is partnered with a desire to be over prescriptive to the state sector is not challenged more.

Just like to add, I'm not a leftie. I start teaching in September and have been in schools doing various jobs for 5 years. I can see first hand how Gove's nonsense will destroy the profession.

• Like 1

Gove really doesn't have much of a clue. I'm convinced that if he was forced to take a calculus test, no more than A level Maths standard, he'd fail by very wide margin.

I doubt any Tory would pass, all you have to do at Eton is suck off the right prefect or whatever and you're handed a cabinet position.

Gove really doesn't have much of a clue. I'm convinced that if he was forced to take a calculus test, no more than A level Maths standard, he'd fail by very wide margin.

I doubt any Tory would pass, all you have to do at Eton is suck off the right prefect or whatever and you're handed a cabinet position.

In a Venn diagram of UK and US usage, the word "fag" would fit the overlapping sections quite well, as far as this situation is concerned.  Though the meaning would be different...

Â