The New Condem Government

bickster

My tuppence on the sentencing - the Judge IMO has got it about right. Pryce is less culpable but for not admitting her clear and obvious guilt, deserves the sentence she recieved. Huhne has more aggravating factors than price but the credit for the plea will have saved him a couple of months inside.

Mansion Tax is meh. I'd rather see Land Value Tax or something along those lines.

I'd rather politicians of all stripes stopped inventing more ways to tax people.
  • Like 2

I'd rather taxes were fairer and without so many loopholes.

But there is a fundamental difference in mind-set at play, between those who believe they own their wealth and those who don't.

I don't. Money is meant to flow, not get gathered up (to what end I'm not entirely sure).

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

I'd rather taxes were fairer and without so many loopholes.

Can't disagree with that.

But there is a fundamental difference in mind-set at play, between those who believe they own their wealth and those who don't.

I don't. Money is meant to flow, not get gathered up

If you'd be kind enough to PM me your bank account details and sort code I'll do you the service of removing and spending any wealth therein. It's not like you actually own it anyway. After that please send your address then leave your front door open tonight and I'll see who wants to help liberate the property you don't own.

Oh wait, that's a bloody ridiculous idea, isn't it?

So are the lib Dems damaged by not backing labours "cynical games" over mansion tax ... Or will they gain support for taking one for the team and keeping the coalition in place ?

( taking away the main VT view on the merits of the coalition for one moment )

The Lib Dems were damaged well before this, they're just desperately clinging to their little bit of 'power'. Horrible, spineless little party, I'm looking forward to UKIP overtaking them in 3rd.

• Like 1

as we like to stereotype political party's  by the actions of 1 individual on VT  .. does this now make Labour the Anti-Semitic party :)

Labour peer Lord Ahmed has been suspended by the party as it launched an investigation into claims he blamed a Jewish conspiracy for his jail
term.

runs for cover ......

as we like to stereotype political party's  by the actions of 1 individual on VT  .. does this now make Labour the Anti-Semitic party :)

Labour peer Lord Ahmed has been suspended by the party as it launched an investigation into claims he blamed a Jewish conspiracy for his jail

term.

runs for cover ......

loved his holding statement this morning on Radio 4, I paraphrase, but what it came over as was 'ooh ****, didn't think anybody here would see that tv interview, I, er, I, I'll get back to you...'

The Lib Dems were damaged well before this, they're just desperately clinging to their little bit of 'power'. Horrible, spineless little party, I'm looking forward to UKIP overtaking them in 3rd.

that's a tad unfair. They hadn't been in power for about a century, so of course they would give up principals to get it. Similar to Blair changing the labour party from what it was to what it is, just to get elected. Same with the Tories, Cameron turning into the new Blair to get elected. Its no good thinking any of them would have done any different.

• Like 1

that's a tad unfair. They hadn't been in power for about a century, so of course they would give up principals to get it. Similar to Blair changing the labour party from what it was to what it is, just to get elected. Same with the Tories, Cameron turning into the new Blair to get elected. Its no good thinking any of them would have done any different.

hey, you're not welcome here if you're going to start throwing reason and logic and fairness around

They've given up all of their principals. What contribution have they made to this government? When they joined the Tories I thought "Well at least they might curb some the havoc the Tories will no doubt bring" but no, they just lay down time and time again for their masters putting up no fight at all. There would be no Tory government without the Lib Dems but they just do not use this fact to force their own policies and opinions. Even when Labour bring up policies that the Lib Dems put into their own manifesto, they won't back them. They are just watered down Tories who serve no purpose other than to prop up this weak, incompetent government.

• Like 1

I don't think the Lib Dems are that damaged. They have a loyal support base and many still see them as the best of a bad bunch. I can't stand that bloke Tim Farron though. Something rather eel-like about him.

The leftist activist side of the party is in mental tatters. That be the people on the ground that do the donkey work. I see schism ahead for the Libs, the left of the party have no choice

They've given up all of their principals. What contribution have they made to this government? When they joined the Tories I thought "Well at least they might curb some the havoc the Tories will no doubt bring" but no, they just lay down time and time again for their masters putting up no fight at all. There would be no Tory government without the Lib Dems but they just do not use this fact to force their own policies and opinions. Even when Labour bring up policies that the Lib Dems put into their own manifesto, they won't back them. They are just watered down Tories who serve no purpose other than to prop up this weak, incompetent government.

I think that's rather naive really. Did they want to get in power, yes. Regardless of principle, yes. Do what's right for the future or do whats right to get re elected yes. I was talking about the Labour party actually, no I mean the Tories, no who was it again. 

I think that's rather naive really. Did they want to get in power, yes. Regardless of principle, yes. Do what's right for the future or do whats right to get re elected yes. I was talking about the Labour party actually, no I mean the Tories, no who was it again. 

They've given everything up for what, to say that they are in Government? It's a very hollow claim, they are just there to make up the numbers and keep their mouths shut. They have been shown up for what hey really are they are going to lose many seats at the next General Election.

Â