The New Condem Government

bickster

I think any member of any political party would think the same way. None of them are interested in morality/doing the right thing. Its all about power. Getting it and keeping it.

I still cling to the belief that Lucas and (the majority of) the Greens are actually in it for the morality/doing the right thing.

I still cling to the belief that Lucas and (the majority of) the Greens are actually in it for the morality/doing the right thing.

It's a nice thought, but if they got in power they'd just be riddled with bullshit like any other party.

There ain't no saints in this game.

Thing is, they say they want to change the political system. That is what needs to happen if we are to stand any chance of cleaning up politics.

The problem is that the system at its very core, is designed to resist change. The media machine will ignore anybody with an agenda for reform and modernisation until it can no longer, and then, if needed, discredit and attack that movement.

The House of Commons is full of extremists, Caroline Lucas is a moderate. She's simply in the game to help the ordinary people who vote for her, not to help big business, or the rich elite. That's why she is ignored.

• Like 1

DWP shut down the benefits calculator today, It was the webpage where you could enter your circumstances and it would tell you what benefits you may be entitled to claim, this follows on from the earlier decision to redefine Job centre staffs' roles so that they  were no longer allowed to advise claimants on what benefits they may be entitled to claim in their circumstances, seems they are making it harder to know what you may be entitled to and is now government policy, wonder if they are doing the same to MPS and their expenses.

Edited by mockingbird_franklin

On the website they are migrating everything to gov.uk pages away from the old departmental sites.

The level of detail available has dropped dramatically across the board.

On the website they are migrating everything to gov.uk pages away from the old departmental sites.

It's just a little April Fool, making it harder for people to claim.

Next year's version will be to end all non-pensioner benefits altogether. I say! What a jape!

I guess it's classed as an 'efficiency saving'.

What next? Hansard directing to Qunetin Letts's column?

Edited by snowychap

Farage has been on Question Time more times than any other person, apparently. UKIP got a free party political broadcast on C4 tonight. Ofcom given them major party status for 2015.

Is this really a party that has control of 0 councils and has never had an MP elected to the House of Commons?

Promote the right, promote the right, promote the right. Give people the illusion of choice, keep the status Quo.

Probably because he has more charisma than most other politicians. Style over substance.

Osborne's best mate makes £36m from the politically directed, artificially low, previously advised to be too low price for Royal Mail.

This is corruption in action.

We need to renationalise without compensation for any shareholder with more than say £200k assets (or some other level to exclude small savers and employees who took a punt), and prosecute that corrupt little shit Osborne.

• Like 3

£750m lost on the first day of trading, billions lost so far. A profitable company sold off on the cheap, an unquantifiable financial loss in total.

We could be kind to the government and call this incompetence on an unimaginable scale, but from where I'm standing this is looking more and more like pretty **** serious fraud.

Well, I hope the governments 'special investors' enjoy spending our cash. I doubt the postal price rises are going to effect them. I doubt they care too much about the Royal Mail job losses.

How do you feel about your government defrauding you?

• Like 2

At the risk of sounding a bit thick.  In reference to the Royal Mail sell off.  How can the Government sell something to people with enough money to buy shares that the population owned anyway ?  So it's a nationalised company that goes public to be then owned by a tiny segment of the population (as opposed to everyone owning a small bit). The tiny segment of people with money to burn buy the shares and make more money but what doe the average person get out of it.  

Â