Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For £600,000, he's exactly the type of player we need. Someone cheap, unknown, will have patience and bide his time to get into the team, fairly small wages.

We need cover in positions and options to change it without spending much money. So never seen him but he's the sort of player we should get, take a risk.

Have you seen him play? How is he exactly the type of player we need? Just because he is cheap and unknown doesn't mean he's going to turn into even half a decent player, or that we should sign him. :?

For £600,000, he's exactly the type of player we need. Someone cheap, unknown, will have patience and bide his time to get into the team, fairly small wages.

We need cover in positions and options to change it without spending much money. So never seen him but he's the sort of player we should get, take a risk.

Have you seen him play? How is he exactly the type of player we need? Just because he is cheap and unknown doesn't mean he's going to turn into even half a decent player, or that we should sign him. :?

No what I mean, like we can't really afford to spend £6-7-8 million on say like another winger but we could do with another one because it could be a long season and I'd rather us get someone who are scouts have recommended and a little unknown that getting someone like Routledge who you know would be a failure for example.

I'm not saying this is the guy but be nice to bring in someone we don't really know too much about who they believe can do a good job who is still young and fairly cheap.

I wouldn't be surprised actually if the club bring in a few loan signings from overseas before the window shuts, just to pad out the squad without committing a new manager to players he may not want.

Not sure if this is the place to ask this question but does anyone know whether Ian Storey-Moore is still Chief Scout or did he also leave with the mon brigade of trainers ?

I'd imagine he's still here as he was here before Mon!

Maybe ISM was pretty pissed off with MON too. I remmeber him saying in MON's first transfer window that he had located some exciting players for MON but then we ended up with NRC, Harewood, Knight etc. You don't need a scout for those players.