Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Carrick is possibly the worst player to play for Man United. Makes Djemba Djemba look world class

Now that is the most stupid thing i have ever read on here.

Im going to assume you dont know many Manure fans

I do but as with most of them they only started supporting them again about 3 years ago when they got back to winning stuff. Of course he`s not the worse player to play for them, he`s not even the worse player there now.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carew's inconsistency, poor teamwork and injury problems mean his goal ratio is not good enough to justify his wages. I would like to see Carlton Cole at Villa as a replacement for one of those two looks like a complete striker to me

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

:lol: The stats are posted on the same page to prove it's a crock... what was he thinking? :lol:

Carews goals don't justify his otherwise average-ness as a player! Cole is a late bloomer. He is faster, has better technique and a better touch than both Heskey and Carew, is strong and tall, and is capable of scoring special goals. He is a little injury prone, but in a good team with good service he will score goals I am sure, plus he is more of a lone striker like Gabby so if one up became our prefer formation, Cole would fit in perfectly.

SidJames.gif

I'm not 100% sure on Carlton Cole given the price and injuries but I think he's better than Carew

You think everyone is better than Carew

I think they are over-exaggerating. Apparently he has been fairly poor this year but let's not get stupid about this. Before this year, he was excellent for them, Djemba-Djemba was an embaressment and not good to play in the Premiership itself. Carrick is an excellent player playing very badly.

Carrick is an average player who is now reverting to type after the second decent season of his career.

I'm not 100% sure on Carlton Cole given the price and injuries but I think he's better than Carew

You think everyone is better than Carew

Not everyone. At the moment we have two strikers with about as much movement as Michael Jackson in his current state. Now out of Agbonlahor and Carew there is certainly one player I prefer more than the other (it ain't Carew)...we play nice football up until the opponents penalty box and then the distinct lack of movement just makes us play wide and put a cross into the box and hope for the best.

Last year, I'd of argued that a striker next to Carew could of been a better option but the fact Agbonlahor holds the ball up and keeps it aswell as Carew as well as scoring just as much (a little less) as well as the obvious pace and far more hard work! then it has to Gabby and someone else.

Gabby and Carew won't get us anywhere higher than where we are. Limited pairing.

Carew's inconsistency, poor teamwork and injury problems mean his goal ratio is not good enough to justify his wages. I would like to see Carlton Cole at Villa as a replacement for one of those two looks like a complete striker to me

ok then lets look at the stat's

john carew

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†

1998–1999 Vålerenga 43 (19)

1999–2000 Rosenborg 18 (18

2000–2004 Valencia 84 (20)

2003–2004 → Roma (loan) 20 (6)

2004–2005 Beşiktaş 24 (13)

2005–2007 Lyon 35 (10)

2007– Aston Villa 103 (37)

total club appearances 327

total club goals 123

that works out at a goal every 2.65 games

carlton cole

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†

2001–2006 Chelsea 25 (4)

2002–2003 → Wolves (loan) 7 (1)

2003–2004 → Charlton Athletic (loan) 21 (4)

2004–2005 → Aston Villa (loan) 27 (3)

2006– West Ham United 105 (26

total club appearances 185

total club goals 38

that woks out to be a goal every 4.86 games

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM yeah lets get rid of some and bring in worse, just had an idea why not play him up front with heskey, that would serious scare the opponents goal :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

He didn't say Carew's goal ratio was poor, he said it wasn't good enough for the absolute nothing else he brings to the game. He didn't state Cole's was better but basically implied that with Cole you get alot more than just goals aswell as scoring well his fair share of goals in recent seasons.

I disagree that Cole is the answer but he didn't state that Cole somehow had a better goal ratio than Carew.

Carew isn't good enough for where we want to be. Shall we put away sentimentality in order to succeed?

Or shall we cling on to Carew in the hope he'll pop up with a decent run of form now and again, whilst at the same time doing sweet **** all for the team.

As I said with Darren Bent, I couldn't give a rats arse if he scored 20 a season and stole the show. If he doesn't contribute enough to the team then he can take his ego and **** off. Unless he starts pulling his weight then sod it, he should move on.

He didn't say Carew's goal ratio was poor, he said it wasn't good enough for the absolute nothing else he brings to the game. He didn't state Cole's was better but basically implied that with Cole you get alot more than just goals aswell as scoring well his fair share of goals in recent seasons.

I disagree that Cole is the answer but he didn't state that Cole somehow had a better goal ratio than Carew.

thats exactly what he was saying, he said he;s inconsistant(so is cole), poor team work(coles not much better) injury problems (cole has had his fair share)

and then to say someone with a goal every 2 1/2 games is not worth the money but to sign carthorse that would no doubt be on not much less but a worse goal ratio.

next you will be saying heskey is worth everything that we pay him, except he doesnt do what he's paid to do and thats put the ball in the back of the net(which is what you buy a STRIKER to do).

our problem is that we havew 2 strikers that score(not enough) and one that just doesnt score.

for me heskey has to go and i'd bring in Keane who i think would also score 10-15 a season and would work better with carew or gabby.

a few have said on here carew may turn out to be used as an impact sub, which i think is a good shout and he score's, but we need to get another striker in to enable that.

this season there was nothing worse than watching MoN bring on heskey, everyone knew that the likelihood of him scoring was low.

i would be happy to see our front 4 for next year as Gabby, Keane, Carew and Deflounso

and i think all 4 would bring something different.

thats exactly what he was saying, he said he;s inconsistant(so is cole), poor team work(coles not much better) injury problems (cole has had his fair share)

and then to say someone with a goal every 2 1/2 games is not worth the money but to sign carthorse that would no doubt be on not much less but a worse goal ratio.

next you will be saying heskey is worth everything that we pay him, except he doesnt do what he's paid to do and thats put the ball in the back of the net(which is what you buy a STRIKER to do).

our problem is that we havew 2 strikers that score(not enough) and one that just doesnt score.

for me heskey has to go and i'd bring in Keane who i think would also score 10-15 a season and would work better with carew or gabby.

Yes but it's opinion of Carlton Cole that he isn't those things you mentioned and that he is a good player therefore he has a perfectly fair arguement. I think Cole is good but not worth the money West Ham would want.

Strikers are paid more than just to put the ball in the net though Heskey doesn't score enough for us to keep him. If he scored 10 goals a season, he'd be excellent for us but he doesn't, nor is he consistant, but it is possible to buy different type of strikers just like you can buy different type of full-backs, centre-backs, central midfielders, wingers. Saying this, if you are going to be a striker, I think however good link up play a striker will have, he must be scoring say if he plays 30 games a season, 8-10 league goals before he can be considered. The problem is Carew only scores what, 10-14/15 league goals max per season yet he offers absolutely nothing all, there are so many Premiership strikers in my opinion who could get you 10 league goals and work alot harder and keep the ball alot better than Carew will.

I think I read an article a few weeks back where an ex manager (I forget who) said that Cole was too injury prone to go to the world cup... So why would we buy him.

I'm 100% for and inventive (Keane) forward next to Gabby. Brains and speed upfront with a big man as another option.

If we have to jettison a striker then it should be Heskey before Carew - I don't care about his niggly injuries - the man scores goals and causes problems to defences, unlike Emile...

I'd be gutted if Carew left....

Carew isn't good enough for where we want to be. Shall we put away sentimentality in order to succeed?

Or shall we cling on to Carew in the hope he'll pop up with a decent run of form now and again, whilst at the same time doing sweet **** all for the team.

What does sentimentality have to do with anything? He always does pop up with a decent run of form and tends to finish as our top scorer. Hope doesn't enter into it. And there's certainly nothing to cling to.

As I said with Darren Bent, I couldn't give a rats arse if he scored 20 a season and stole the show. If he doesn't contribute enough to the team then he can take his ego and **** off. Unless he starts pulling his weight then sod it, he should move on.

Odd. You don't think that scoring 20 goals is in some way contributing and pulling his weight? What exactly do you think it is the striker's job to do?

So as well as Bent, we can rule out Defoe, Villa, Forlan, Higuain, Eto'o and going back the likes of Van Nistelrooy and Inzaghi because all they did was score lots of goals.

At what point does the amount of goals become 'contributing to the team'? What if they scored 40 goals but did bugger all else?