Bollitics: The General Election 2010 Exit Poll

bickster

How Did You Vote in the General Election?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. How Did You Vote in the General Election?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Green
    • UKIP
    • BNP
    • Jury Team
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Spoilt Ballot
    • Didn't bother

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sod it.

Let's go again on May 27th...

No - I am busy that day ........ ah bugger it I will get someone to do it for me :-)

p.s. I still owe you a beer I know for trying to get that ticket for me - I will buy it out of my Tax cut :-)

WTF happened to the Lib Dems.

Why were the opinion polls so out with their share of the vote.

Not at all surprising.

LD always do well in polls and by-elections, but the minute people come to put the X in the box in a general election, they shy away.

The politics of fear from the tories almost won through.

I think that you will find the politics of fear came from the Labour party, in the form of the manner in which they have governed.

actually, give the farce that went on at a few polling stations, I think there should be another immediate general election anyway.

People not being allowed to vote due to incompetence FTL!

Memo to Tory party - please let Gove talk in public more he is one of the best reasons why you should not be in power - the guy is a plank of the highest order :-)

Why doesn't Michael Gove just shut the **** up - he really is an annoying little twunt - no wonder the Tory party tried to muffle him during the run in

He was just on 5 Live, what an absolute 100 % total word removed.

Let's be honest, I think that we have all had enough of Scots in power over the last few years.

WTF happened to the Lib Dems.

Why were the opinion polls so out with their share of the vote.

Not at all surprising.

LD always do well in polls and by-elections, but the minute people come to put the X in the box in a general election, they shy away.

The politics of fear from the tories almost won through.

I think that you will find the politics of fear came from the Labour party, in the form of the manner in which they have governed.

I was esssentially referrring to the tory campaing, which was concerted for the last 3 weeks of the campaign, that a vote for the lib dems would either bring about a hung parliament or 5 more years of brown. That the economy would melt down as result etc etc. The tories hacked away at the lib dem vote. They attacked the lib dems more than labour.

That ebbed away at the lib dem vote, it seems, which is not that surprising.

What does surprise me a little is that that people seemed to switch in many cases from the lib dems to Tory.

The two really are not that close. I'd have a problem justiying that sort of switch, if it were me.

Of course a "fellow" Derbyshire person :-)

OK in Derby South - your vote for either Tory or Lib Dem was on a loser probably - Margaret Beckett won with 43.3% of the vote.

If we had had PR though you vote would have counted. The Lib Dems wanted PR, the Lab's said they would but the Tory party were strongly against that

My first time voting in the Derby Constituency, all my other votes have been cast in my home town in Gloucestershire, a strong Conservative seat since 1997 and again this year. Conservative 47.2% share, Liberal Democrats 35.5% and Labour 11.6% in my home town. (Also available were UKIP, Green & Monster Raving Loony Party - who got 319 votes :shock: )

I think AWOL is right actually.

I think the tories will try to form a minority govt for a few months, and then go back to the electorate, and get a decisive majority, albeit not a massive one.

The two really are not that close. I'd have a problem justiying that sort of switch, if it were me.

I think you overestimate the thought that the average voter puts into their vote.

actually, give the farce that went on at a few polling stations, I think there should be another immediate general election anyway.

Saw that briefly on Sky news this morning, what happened?

Bye bye Charles Clark. There will be few Labour tears shed for someone who has spent quite so much time and effort over so many years on factional in-fighting, plotting, backstabbing and undermining.

I'd be interested to see what time these people converged on the polling stations. I'll reserve judgement for the time being.

I'd be interested to see what time these people converged on the polling stations. I'll reserve judgement for the time being.

some of them went back a few times throughout the night, as the queues were so long.

You shouldn't have to queue for an hour or more to vote.

Shocking :shock:

Bye bye Charles Clark. There will be few Labour tears shed for someone who has spent quite so much time and effort over so many years on factional in-fighting, plotting, backstabbing and undermining.
:thumb::thumb:

people in quite a few boroughs were prevented from voting, as the polls clsoed at 10pm and they were still queing up to vote!

They effectively just locked them out, and said they could not vote, even though they were queing up to do so.

Some of the polling stations were just understaffed or not organised well enough. AT some polling stations, there had been queues for hours.

For a modern western democracy, that is farcical. And very undemocratic.

I do not believe it was simply a case of loads of buffoons turning up en masse at polling stations at 9.58pm.

some of them went back a few times throughout the night, as the queues were so long.

You shouldn't have to queue for an hour or more to vote.

Shocking :shock:

I that's the case then I agree it's abysmal. I had to wait about 15 minutes FWIW and that was at about 5.30 pm so not too bad.

I agree with you to a point Jon, but only to a point.

If people were queing for hours (I've not heard anything to say they were) but if they were that is I agree poor organisation, but were there really people waiting hours?

I do though think it was right to shut the polls at 10 in line with the rules and I think the polls were open plenty long enough throughout the day for everyone to turn up and vote.

I do think though that if very large numbers of people turned up in the last hour it was largelly unavoidable that some wouldn't be able to cast their vote and personally I think that is there own fault.

woke up again just now and seen the results? What the **** happened to the Lib Dems? All that energy in the debates and axctually lost seats? Seems like the right wing papers latest bullshit surge seemed to have an impact. **** the general public and **** Murdoch and **** future elections. An election where I genuinely thought there might be some headway, and it's the same shit. Can't imagine I'll bother next time. Even a shitload of tories voting in Wales - who are these giant spastics?