Jez

Or they are going back down the DOF route.

In either scenario it is someone in the wings and not an Abramovich-esque signing.

It suggests to me that they might have a manager in waiting, assuming the Sigurdsson rumour is true.

Wasn't Levy the one who handled transfers during Arry's tenure? IIRC, van der Vaart was signed by him.

It suggests to me that they might have a manager in waiting, assuming the Sigurdsson rumour is true.

Wasn't Levy the one who handled transfers during Arry's tenure? IIRC, van der Vaart was signed by him.

Under the manager's advice, yes. Not on his own.

If his "magic" was that the Bayern deal had fallen through and Real Madrid were desperate to get rid before the transfer window closed then yes. Great business by Levy of course, but there was a huge element of fortune involved in it.

Rumour that man city are trying to get sergi damper from barca youth

Will be interesting to see what they would do with him, his potential is through the roof but it means nothing if he doesn't get a sniff, barca have done the same thing they did to fabregas and overlooked him for promotion to the b team despite some of his other juvenile team mates getting the nod

Rumour that man city are trying to get sergi damper from barca youth

Will be interesting to see what they would do with him, his potential is through the roof but it means nothing if he doesn't get a sniff, barca have done the same thing they did to fabregas and overlooked him for promotion to the b team despite some of his other juvenile team mates getting the nod

He will probably have a clause in his contract that says barca can buy him back for a fraction of the price he is worth..

Under the manager's advice, yes. Not on his own.

I'm sure i read an interview with VDV who said Redknapp had no idea he was coming until the deal was completed.

no doubt there will a flood of english press saying about how they have been impressed with his performances at the euros but in all fairness its been on the cards for a while

another youngster barca have sold and ended up buying back