Jez

If Torres is a genuine target for Chelsea, that they are really gunning for, I think it might be an example of them accepting that Drogba's time is winding up and they need a guarenteed goalscorer to take his boots.

Unfortunately in Torres they're going for a player who has shown himself to have excellent form at picking up injuries and then never quite hitting form again. Wouldn't be my first choice especially at the money he'll cost.

Stop saying things like that in public, someone from Chelsea might look and decide against buying him then :) .

Liverpool fan on talksport saying he's in tears and his brother has been outside and burnt his torres shirt :crylaugh:
Better get the seamstress out with the black armbands eh, this could get quite funny :). Torres desreves better than Liverpool FC so he should move.

SHA getting Martins on loan is a good bit of buisness if you ask me, we missed out there.
that **** is aboyt 200 years of age, he's ready for the box the poor old man, i suppose Sha is a bit of a grave yard though isnt it.

Suarez done

Torres Off?

Thats what i think. :nod:

Seems a bit coincidental doesnt it?

Only 48 hours ago most people were saying the deal was off, something's changed in the mean time.

Yep, strange how suddenly they have jumped from offering £18m to £23.5m?!?!

Im guessing the rumour Torres wants to go is true and Suarez id a replacement. If Torres stays that is a pretty smokey front line.

Am i the only one who thinks Suarez will be a massive flop in the prem

He scored goals for fun in the dutch league but lets be fair look at the standard of defending in that league

I thought he was average when he played against us for ajax in the euro cup and i think 23.5 mill is a rediculous price to pay almost makes me think we got a bargain in comparison with bent for 24 mill considering he's a proven goalscorer in this league

Its not like he has a targetman at liverpool to play off either not the tallest player in the world.

SHA getting Martins on loan is a good bit of buisness if you ask me, we missed out there.
that **** is aboyt 200 years of age, he's ready for the box the poor old man, i suppose Sha is a bit of a grave yard though isnt it.

Thats unfair.

Martins isnt a day over 40! ;)

I think its 50-50 for him to succeed in the PL. Hes good, no doubt, but no wonder he scores a lot in dutch league. He playes for the best team, loads of crap there and he gets like 4-5 great chances every match. Its the same with El Hamdaoui, 11 goals in 17 matches sounds amazing but any normal striker wouldve score 20 with the chances hes had....

So Chelsea go in for Aguero/Godin/Torres/Luiz.

So much for the youth system.

They probably have to though. It was inconceivable at the start of the season, but if you look at the table now, there is a very realistic chance that Chelsea might miss out on Champions League qualification this season.

I think it would be brilliant if they did miss out.

So Chelsea go in for Aguero/Godin/Torres/Luiz.

So much for the youth system.

They probably have to though. It was inconceivable at the start of the season, but if you look at the table now, there is a very realistic chance that Chelsea might miss out on Champions League qualification this season.

I think it would be brilliant if they did miss out.

its similar to 2 years ago when we had Arsenal on ropes and they went and splashed money on Arshavin which really turned their season around

I think they'll be fine come the end of the season though I do agree that it looks a tad perilous at the moment, but why spend £50million on a striker/defender that you don't really need? It's essentially the same team that won the title last year, I suspect the problems are less so the players but rather the staff.

If they miss out I don't think it'll change much, in fact it will probably force them to rebuild and get plenty of younger quality players in.