Jez

There's more to it than that though. Lallana was also a lot more important to Southampton than Kroos was to Bayern. (He'd been there for years, was their captain, probably their best player)

And you're wrong, if he had four years left they wouldn't have sold him in the first place. Certainly would've taken more than £30m for them to even consider it.

James Rodriguez to Real Madrid for £63million.

How much debt does Real Madrid have? Is financial fair play just a joke? They announce they have 600 million plus in debt and spend money on Bale and Rodriguez. It's the big clubs like Barca, Madrid, Man United, Chelsea, City, and Bayern that are destroying the French, English and Italian leagues. All of Europe's major leagues are starting to become a joke.

• Like 1

I'd tend to agree with that, the bit about Kroos atleast. 

Here is a player currently sat on top of the world. He may not catch the eye in the same manner as Suarez or Bale have done in the past, but to my mind, he'd command somewhere closer to £50m in the current market were his contract not due to run out in a year's time. Particularly when you consider the amount of money required to sign David Luiz.

• Like 1

That was an excellent point made by City's owner. He said basically, "We have no debts, pay all money to other clubs up front, and invest in out local area. Manchester United and Real Madrid have hundreds of millions of pounds of debt and spend nearly as much or more on players. And we're the ones who are punished by financial fair play."

James Rodriguez to Real Madrid for £63million.

How much debt does Real Madrid have? Is financial fair play just a joke? They announce they have 600 million plus in debt and spend money on Bale and Rodriguez. It's the big clubs like Barca, Madrid, Man United, Chelsea, City, and Bayern that are destroying the French, English and Italian leagues. All of Europe's major leagues are starting to become a joke.

Real Madrid get state aid.  They still have an ongoing court case in the European Comission about the shady deal for their training ground as far as I am aware. 

That was an excellent point made by City's owner. He said basically, "We have no debts, pay all money to other clubs up front, and invest in out local area. Manchester United and Real Madrid have hundreds of millions of pounds of debt and spend nearly as much or more on players. And we're the ones who are punished by financial fair play."

and the likes of us just get told to be more competitive and financially astute, im waiting with bated breath for villa to announce our official noodle partner...

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

I know Ancellotti likes his midfielders but c'mon son, you don't need Rodriguez. Kroos I can understand as he's clearly Alonso's replacement.

Modric Kroos

Ronaldo Rodriguez Bale

Benzema

?

Benzema would be the first one I would be replacing.

Very good striker but never world class, and rarely does it when it matters the most.

I know Ancellotti likes his midfielders but c'mon son, you don't need Rodriguez. Kroos I can understand as he's clearly Alonso's replacement.

Modric Kroos

Ronaldo Rodriguez Bale

Benzema

?

Very good striker but never world class, and rarely does it when it matters the most.

What does that mean? He was pretty brilliant in the champions league semis against bayern this season. That matters a lot

Modric Kroos

Ronaldo Rodriguez Bale

Benzema

?

What does that mean? He was pretty brilliant in the champions league semis against bayern this season. That matters a lot

Just my opinion but those type of performances are few and far between. The bayern game an example for me, when Real or France are on top then yeah he is an asset, but for me when their backs are against the wall or it is a tight game he just doesn't seem to come up with the goods. He is not a one chance, one goal striker. I think he is a bit of a bottler.

Would definitely improve a team like Arsenal though.