The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

So weve sorted our tickets for the Allianz on December 17th, Bayern v Koln. Really looking forward to sampling the atmosphere, hopefully the beers we can drink in the stands will provide a beer jacket against the elements!

My last game abroad was the 2-6 demolition of Madrid by Barca. If this game is anything like that, epicness awaits! (Im sure it wont be however!).

So weve sorted our tickets for the Allianz on December 17th, Bayern v Koln. Really looking forward to sampling the atmosphere, hopefully the beers we can drink in the stands will provide a beer jacket against the elements!

My last game abroad was the 2-6 demolition of Madrid by Barca. If this game is anything like that, epicness awaits! (Im sure it wont be however!).

Do what I did when I went to a game there in the 2009-2010 season.

Wear a Villa. Champions of Europe tracksuit top :twisted:

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta love Ralf Fährmann's antics over the weekend; goes haring off his line and attempts to wipe out Dorge Kouemaha, promptly gives away a penalty and gets sent off (condemning Schalke to eventual defeat) and as a result of the collision has ruptured a knee ligament and will be out for weeks. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Has just got tickets for a fantastic football weekend in Germay/Holland 25-27 november.

25 nov Köln-Borussia Mönchengladbach

26 nov Dortmund-Schalke 04

27 nov Twente-Vitesse

I´m really looking forward to it!

You bastard. I'm so jealous. :shock:

Hehe, you should be! :lol:

I hugely concur with Gareth. You lucky bastard!!

Dortmund v Schalke is an absolute "must see" on my list of footie games to watch.

Always next year GazzaRDR!

My indifference aside though, BVB and S04's unending hatred for each other has made for some great jokes...

A teacher in Gelsenkirchen wants to endear herself to her new class, so she tells her students she is a Schalke fan and asks any fellow fans to stand up. All the students get up, except for one girl.

"Why aren't you standing?" asks the teacher.

"Because I'm not a Schalke fan." says the little girl.

"Well, which club do you like then?"

"I'm a Dortmund fan and proud!" proclaims the girl.

"Dortmund? For heaven's sake, why Dortmund?" enquires the teacher.

"My Dad comes from Dortmund, and my Mum too. They are both Dortmund fans, so I am."

"But my child," the teacher says, "you must not imitate everything you parents do; imagine your mother was a prostitute, and your father was a drug-dealer and car thief... what would you be then?"

"Probably a Schalke fan".

A motorist gets stuck in a traffic jam on the autobahn. Suddenly, someone knocks on his window. The driver winds it down and asks "What's going on?".

A policeman exclaims in a grave and agititated voice that "A gang have hijacked the Borussia Dortmund team bus and kidnapped the players. They are demanding €10 million ransom in cash or they will douse the players in petrol and burn them."

"Oh my God!" exclaims the driver.

"You understand now, sir; we are going car by car to try and collect enough" explains the policeman.

"How much have people given so far?" asks the driver.

"About 5 litres".

Hans Sutor was an imposing, rather talented left winger between 1914-1925, way back when Fürth and 1.FCN were the two major powers of German football. Such was the intensity of the Franconian rivalry, that it was actually impossible for any player to move between the two clubs at the time.

That is, however, until Sutor (born in Nürnberg himself but playing for SpVgg Fürth having risen through their academy) fell in love with and subsequently married a woman from his hometown; Fürth were so outraged that they threw him out of the team, so he moved back to Nürnberg and saw out the rest of his highly successful career picking up numerous trophies at 1.FCN...

sutor.jpg

220px-FCN_Fahne_3.jpg

There's another great story from 1921, when a German national squad consisting primarily of players from Fürth and 1.FCN were travelling to Amsterdam to play Holland. Though they all travelled on the same train, the players refused to sit with each other, so the Fürth players sat in one carriage at the far end of train and the 1.FCN players sat in the carriage at the other end; poor German manager Georg Blascke was left sitting on his own in the middle of the train.

During the game itself, a Fürth player opened the scoring but rather than celebrate all the 1.FCN players turned their backs on him.

Â