Call of Duty: Black Ops

FoFiveKing

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same as MW2, one trigger for each gun. The drawback is that you cant aim down sights.

Presumably it's a rushing around build anyway though, in which case aiming down the sights is for gays!

It is indeed (on both the "rush build" and the "aiming is for gays" part). :lol:

Incidentally, there's no better time to try out the Skorpions if you're curious; there's a rather juicy contract up at the mo that will get you 1100 cr and 1100 xp for 75 kills in 40 minutes with a Skorpion. It's piss easy as well, I did it with 12 minutes to spare (and that was with a few crap rounds too).

I love the SMG's on this, yes they're actually quite shit and they all need extended mags to work aside from 3 of them, but the hip fire is so stupidly good on this game that with steady aim anybody within about 15 yards can be just hipfired.

but the hip fire is so stupidly good on this game that with steady aim anybody within about 15 yards can be just hipfired.

You can hipfire the G11 like a long range shotgun! I didn't like the gun at first, but with practise, it's immense.

Can't get a game at all tonight, keep getting the dreaded 'connection interrupted' message halfway through the match.

I have pretty decent broadband but playing Black Ops on PS3 can be infuriating. On some days I'm rarely completing 50% of matches. If that !

Had a terrible start tonight, but finished it of with about 10 great games.

Had a great laugh with my brother and 2 cousins on zombies earlier, so much better when you can actualy trust the person rather than these randoms online that have no intention of helping anyone else.

Incidentally, there's no better time to try out the Skorpions if you're curious; there's a rather juicy contract up at the mo that will get you 1100 cr and 1100 xp for 75 kills in 40 minutes with a Skorpion. It's piss easy as well, I did it with 12 minutes to spare (and that was with a few crap rounds too).

It would take me about a week to get 75 kills! Rushing around builds tend to end with me on the wrong end of a 3-25 humiliation. I find that even somebody using a sniper rifle in the middle of reloading gets the drop on me in a one on one fire fight!

I tried the scorpions on your advice and i gotta say i thought they were awful. The mag is waaay too small and they dont feel powerfull enough.

AK47U with grip and rapid fire is the best SMG setup IMO

Found another great camping spot. It's in the stone ruins on the western side of the map, and is in the little stone tunnel. Put a claymore down in the walls outside, then you've got a great view of the central area, and also the wooden bridge on the other side, where most of the fire fights take place. M16 with the infra-red scope, and you can pick people off on the bridge all day long.

I tried the scorpions on your advice and i gotta say i thought they were awful. The mag is waaay too small and they dont feel powerfull enough.

AK47U with grip and rapid fire is the best SMG setup IMO

doing-it-wrong.jpg

The AK47U is a much better all-round weapon as it doesn't turn into a water pistol at range like the Skorpions do, but up close the Skorpions will win every time. The reloading is tricky as hell, I've found emptying one then emptying the other rather than spraying both at the same time is the best way around it. Other then that, you just have to be quick.

Risso, is that spot on Jungle? I've seen a few people up there before (by "seen" I mean watched their killcam after they've dropped me like a sack of shit).

Back to the close-up setups, I've been experimenting with the HS10 after seeing some looney run around Grid dual-wielding them. It's quite useful and can one-shot people from a considerable distance for a shotgun (wasn't there a shotgun on MW2 that could do the same?) but I've found dual-wielding them is **** awful. By far the best of the shotguns though.

You won't tempt me with your honeyed words of a useful FAL, hardcore is too scary a place. I've seen it, I've been through the looking glass, I know what happens there and I ain't ever going back man, not ever.

brave_idf_soldier1.jpg

Risso, is that spot on Jungle? I've seen a few people up there before (by "seen" I mean watched their killcam after they've dropped me like a sack of shit).

Yeah, sorry, meant to say Jungle.

I absolutely detest the Grid and Hanoi maps. I don't know why, but I always seem to get my arse kicked on them both.

And I STILL haven't seen a sentry gun. It's the most retarded pro-perk requirement ever.

Â