Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Nah Australia have more than edged it. Put in to bat and only 4 down? Happy days. They'll be bowling at is tomorrow evening and in a strong position. Bowlers have been filth. I know woakes got a wicket and a run out but sadly he hasn't turned up on the tour when it counts so far. Not good.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rodders said:

Nah Australia have more than edged it. Put in to bat and only 4 down? Happy days. They'll be bowling at is tomorrow evening and in a strong position. Bowlers have been filth. I know woakes got a wicket and a run out but sadly he hasn't turned up on the tour when it counts so far. Not good.

Bar that golden summer against Pakistan he's never really done anything in Tests.  I'm not sure how he's going to get anyone out with the Kookaburra.

Yeah the Ashes are gone. Its dismaying how appalling our bowling has been. We are never bowling them out twice in a match. So disappointing. On the other had at least I won't find myself struggling to sleep in the early hours. Silver linings and all that. 

Going to have been in tge field for aroubd 130 overs or so at least. Tiredness and evening session is going to lead an awful session against fresh and actual competent bowlers. As per @snowychap I rather dread how many we will be down. At least Stoneman has encouraged a little more faith that he can dig in mind.

Appalling is a bit much. Anderson & Broad have generally bowled well for little reward. We just have so little after that... Woakes has been very poor, Overton has been better than Ball, but no more than ok. Problem is we have 4 seamers all bowling pretty much identical pace. We're crying out for a Mark Wood or Steve Finn who can put an extra 10km/h into the mix. And we're _really_ missing Stokes's aggression.

As usual though, we come unstuck bowling to the bloody tail... it's criminal that we always seem to let at least one of the Aussie tail get a really decent score, and usually a couple of them.

Hard to judge the wicket until we've batted. Who knows, we may go in and score 400+ too.

Nah, I'm kidding, we'll be out for 150 and following on....

It's disappointing because we've put ourselves into positions where we've had real opportunities in both tests and then let those opportunities fade away. In the first test at the end of day three it looked like we'd take a lead of about 60 or 70 and we ended up letting it slip to being behind by 20 or 30; not much, but enough to change the psychology of the game - even after that, we had the opportunity to maybe take a draw at the point where Root reached 50, but we capitulated almost immediately. Last night at 205-5 and with the ball moving around, Tufnell said he was hoping to see them off for 280 and that the Australians would be happy with anything over 300 - to let them add 150 onto that expectation is awful - an opportunity to put a little pressure on completely wasted.

As others have said, it's hard to see us bowling them out twice in a test right now - both teams have had two full innings and our highest score is lower than their lowest score - right now, the best we can hope for in this test is a little bit more rain, a bit of stubbornness from Cook and Root at the crease and the hope of a draw, but it's very difficult to see us getting anything out of the series at this point.

• Like 1

Â